R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like the one with the padding on it myself, its that the yamaha one? ive heard the fit and color dont match well on one of them, is that the targa or yamaha one? You'd think yamaha would know their own paint code at least???

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Many more complaints about fit and color match on the Yamaha cowl. I am one of those complainers from first hand experience with my blue 03 cowl.

Remember that the Yamaha piece is not made in Japan with the bikes by Yamaha. A company in Italy makes them and the paint batches, while maybe the same formula, is seperate from the bikes' paint batch.

·
Gixxer rider
2,939 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
I like the one with the padding on it myself, its that the yamaha one? ive heard the fit and color dont match well on one of them, is that the targa or yamaha one? You'd think yamaha would know their own paint code at least???
FWIW- The Targa comes with a self adhesive pad that you can attach though it looks different then the yamaha cushion.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered it from targa. I never put the foam padding on it that it came with and I also removed the decal. Targa requires easy assembly awesome look, fit , and color match. The yamaha is pre assembled, this one fit just as good as my targa, color didn't match well. Yeah targa first 2 pics and yamaha next 2 pics.

·
waiting for GP
3,977 Posts
that Targa is clean looking! thanks for the pics, Ive been wanting to see a blue R6 with a Targa AND the dark windscreen

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
The color match for the yamaha is dead on for mine.. Got some closeups if you wanta see..

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've got the Targa one after having ordered the Yamaha OEM one and not liking it due to bad color match. The Targa one matches much better and has a much cleaner look! Both cost about the same price. The nice thing however about the Yamaha one is that it requires no assembly, and it has the helmet hooks built into it like the OEM passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup the targa is the way to go. I bought the targa and them a friend gave mine gave me the yamaha cowl. Thought I would post pics of how each looked.

·
Registered
128 Posts
is the targa cowl a pain to take off? I tend to like to put stuff in my compartment.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
i love that evo exhaust? can you tell me anything about it? Is it too loud? Can you keep the passenger pegs? How much was it? etc etc
Sharp looking bike.

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
Would love a targa, but cant get them over here in England....bloody americans, always making good stuff for the R6 :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts