R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I ride when the weather is nice..... The truck is for the other types of weather. LOL :thumbup

Cleaned both up and figured I'd add my own pics of my rides to the collection :wink

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 inches in the rear, 2.00 in the front (used a micrometer ~ they do come in handy!) ... I didn't like the feeling of teetering on my tip toes at the stock height. 3 inches is really too much in the rear, so I plan on raising it up a bit over the winter. That.. and getting the wheels red chromed w/ a polished lip. I can't ever leave anything alone. :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
yeah i know what you mean about being on your tip toe. I was going to lower it but didn't. Now, i'm just use to the height.

You should lower the front the rear the same height. And yeah 3 inches is to much!!! Have you tried shaving the seat?? I did about 2 inches, and there's more to shave off till you hit the plastic..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it might be two inches.. the lowering link was on the bike when I bought it.. ust had to flip it.

Never tried shaving the seat.... But if you did yours two inches.. That oughtta be all the room I need! I'll look into that ;) .

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
the weird thing to me is that your running pilot power race tires and you have a bike that is lowered to the point of being worthless... kinda doesnt make sense to me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:myfault

I know.. But I bought the bike used... and it came w/ the race tires. Make sense now?

I wasn't comfortable @ the stock height so I lowered it. Been reading on shaving the seat so it looks like I'll be doing that and raising it back up. Thanks stphnman20 :thumbup

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heya D.. We're riding today.. First lunch @ cruisers in frisco then off to screw around for most of the afternoon. C'mon out! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I could drag race it.... LOL... or drive it like a sane person on the street. I don't plan on taking it to any track days any time soon. Just used as a "recreational vehicle", like it says on my insurance :) .

I put 150 miles on it yesterday... So it's getting used well enough ;)

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
Looks good, not too much of a fan of lowered sport bikes, especially by that much! At least you'll raise it back up and looking into shaving your seat, which is cool. To each his own, but if I were you, make it look like it's supposed to look like and function. Get yourself some good gear and hit the track, you'll get hooked! I'm telling you bro, you'll love it when you'll give it a shot.
Later

·
call me Dartanion
391 Posts
Are you using reflective vinyl, or is it Gator Glass? But yeah, like everybody else said, shave the seat, and get it back up to a height that ypu can put those Pilots to use.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it's reflective vinyl... Usually it looks red. Not that weird funky orange. heh

I got a seat on the way as of last week... Just a matter of waiting for it to get here.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
hows it handle bro?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts