R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fast in the twisties
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked out of class today excited for my ride home. Sat on my bike, realized something wasnt right, it had been layed down in the parking lot. Right side plastics are messed up, blinker broken, footpeg snapped in half. So then i assume they tried to pick it up...and proceeded to drop it on the left side. No new plastic damage, but the metal piece that the foot peg is mounted to is snapped in half. What is that piece called? I need to know so i can tell the dealership, or so i can search on EBAY. Or if any of you know of a place i can get that over nighted to me that'd be great.

Oh and of course, no note, no nothing. F'in sweet.

-Dave aka pissed off '04 owner

·
Fast in the twisties
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not the whole rear set, its just the piece that the footpeg mounts to. if anyone knows the name of that so i can get it online it'd be awesome.

·
Albert Hoffman
767 Posts
Goto Mrcycles.com, then the yamaha parts, then your bike. You'll be able to pull up blown-out parts diagrams of just about every part on the bike. You can also get part numbers, and some of the best oem prices out there.

·
Fast in the twisties
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry lonebrave, thank you zipph. i got the stuff from mrcycles.com. 50 bucks of stuff including hardware/springs, left peg bracket, and right footpeg. i'll live w/ the scratches. kinda shitty but at least ill be able to ride in another 4-6 days.

-dave

·
Registered
29 Posts
get yourself an alarm or something, i'm worried about that too... it's better to put some money into alarm than see your bike broken coz of some idiots wanna sit .

take care

·
Registered
128 Posts
nowak said:
get yourself an alarm or something, i'm worried about that too... it's better to put some money into alarm than see your bike broken coz of some idiots wanna sit .

take care
its too late for an alarm after they knock it over.

if im going to any big store or know im going to be inside for a long time i drive the truck. i dont like taking chances with my bike. toooooooo many idiots out there that dont give a shit about anyone elses stuff!

your bike probably got knocked over from someone sitting on it. Lord help the m-fer that i catch sitting on my bike while i was in a store.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts