R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG, I am a new rider(try 4 days of riding) and I felt so stupid during our cities cruise night on Sunday. It was my first time riding out there since I got into the whole bike scene and I went alone cause I didnt know any other riders, right before I left, my stupid butt put Armor All on my tires to make em shine just like on the cars, WRONG! lol. I should have had more common sense but I didnt. Well when I got there I saw a bunch of bikes parked and the guys were calling me to park my R6 there, I did and they were all friendly and asked me if I would like to cruise with them that night, I said sure but then someone went, IS THAT ARMOR ALL ON YOUR TIRES?!?! I was like Yeah, I put it there to make em look new. Then she(yes it was a girl rider, she was hot to! I felt so bad, lol) put her arm around my shoulder and said, "If you were in a bike show I'm sure your bike would win, but this isnt a bike show, and you are going to slip on them turns cause I dont know how you made it this far without falling off with all that armor all on there. I was like :help Well it sucked cause when I went riding with em, I was the last person in line cause I didnt want to slip on them turns, so I stayed behind, someone else crashed but he was ok. That was about it. When he hit the curb in the turn only two of us bikers saw him, of course I saw him cause I was the last one to get there :madcurse but anyways, yeah when we met back at the meeting spot they said they thought I had crashed cause of the armor all, just letting you all new riders know not to be as stupid as me. DONT PUT ARMOR ALL ON YOUR TIRES!!!

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Hahaha if you put motoroil or brake fluid on them it REALLY makes em shine like diamonds!!! :lol If you wanna get your tire walls clean, get a small bristled brush and scrub em clean, but never put anything on your tires. I am really glad to hear that you didn't get hurt cause that is a good way to go down.

·
Registered
230 Posts
well, if you decide that you just want to put it on your sidewall, just remember that centrifical force has a way of drawing it out onto your tread. I made that mistake once too. Then, after putting it on my tires, I almost lost it on an entrance ramp. boy, I felt like a dumbass. Well, at least I only made the mistake once, and it didn't cost me anything, even though it almost did.

Justin

·
Registered
267 Posts
Armor all sucks for everything. When I was a noob I wasn't so stupid as to put it on my tires; but, I did have a nasty old seat that I thought I could bring back to life. Almost as bad. I was slipping and sliding all over the damned place on that seat.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I did the same mistake, but i had been riding for about 4 months not days.

I went to meet a couple of people, from this board. They told me it was a NO NO, i immediatly went in the store got napkins from the bathroom, and started to clean the sidewalls of my tires.

They made soo much fun of me, even on the board, but its all good.

Leason learned :dance :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
AFC said:
Don't put ArmorAll on the seat either........:nutkick
I ArmorAlled the seat on my dirtbike when I was younger, caused me slide right off that bitch. I felt pretty dumb after that. I still armor all the bitch seat on my r6, only because I never have a passenger.

·
Chronicles of a Squid
140 Posts
Armor all on motocycle tires ???????. Ok you have got a lot more to learn about motorcycles before you get back on your bike .... or you be seriously hurt or DEAD. Hit the local book store and purchase the Idiot's Guide for Motorcyles and get you read on. Don't get me twisted, I'm not looking to flame you but to help you. And yes, the book does exist.

·
Registered
620 Posts
ummm....that wouldn't be the first place i would put some armor all, but at least your ok...wow, must have been crazy ride with all that slippin

·
Registered
881 Posts
Pilot said:
Armor all sucks for everything. When I was a noob I wasn't so stupid as to put it on my tires; but, I did have a nasty old seat that I thought I could bring back to life. Almost as bad. I was slipping and sliding all over the damned place on that seat.

You want to make you seat look good and not have your ass sliding all over. This is what I do and it works very well. Pay attention to what I'm saying other wise you will think its as dumb as armor alling your tires.

Get some armor all CLEANING WIPES after you wash you bike and dry it all off or what ever else you do. use the wipes to clean the seats off, Then use armor all PROTECTANT WIPES, This gives it a nice flat type shine and donens't make your ass slide all over, it protects and makes the seats look good. I never have a problem with it.

Good old armor all is for car dash boards. Not you motorcycle. I can't atually think of any good place to use armor all on a Bike.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
EdgeRangerR6 said:
I can't atually think of any good place to use armor all on a Bike.
I armor all the swing arm on my 04 with the wipes. Makes it look pretty mint. If my objective were to kill myself then I might do the tires.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.