R6 Message Net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got impulsive today and after watching my brother paint his BMX bike frame i thought it would be a good idea to try and paint all those whiteheads (silver fairing bolts) black to match my black bike. Looks much better IMO, but the spray paint we had just doesn't stick well and a few bits came off when screwing them back into place... it's fine for now but I can't imagine removing the fairings more than once before they will need to be done again.

Question is: is there a better way to paint these things myself easily and cheaply so that it will be more permanent?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was just thinking of doing the same thing the other day. I stopped myself realizing it would just chip when screwing them on and off. Is there somewhere we can get black replacement screws?
If they are alloy, have them anodized black, or have your steel bolts "black chromed"! I had a Cobra side pipe (show exhaust) "black chromed" years ago difficult to explain, but it had the deep reflective lustre of chrome,....but black!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts