R6 Message Net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was inspired by an article in FB suggesting you either lock it up for winter or ride through. I had a crazy "if my dad can on his CB500 then..."

I wasn't the only loony freezing my ass off up the A65 and Addingham bypass. The roads were hardly inspiring kneedown confidence (they never are actually) but the whole thing was good fun.

Saw 04 and 05 R1s out. Plus some nasty old rubbish (BMW etc) and R1150GSs making us all look stupid.

Unfortunately my thermals squeeze the old bladder worse than my leathers so that brought a certain discomfort to the later stages.

I plan to get out each month at least once to keep the battery powered up, but it'll be easier said than done. I 've got to convince the (not line in) girlfriend that its not the stupidest thing ever as well.

Happy hunting

Rich

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
KEEP IT CLEAN

i learnt this the hard way, rode all thru winter and didnt clean it properly, went ti Ireland for New Year and came back to a pair of wheels that needed shaving.

·
The Invisible Mod
1,259 Posts
rich2w2 said:
Saw 04 and 05 R1s out. Plus some nasty old rubbish (BMW etc) and R1150GSs making us all look stupid.

Rich

I've got one of those on demo at the moment and I'm finding it pretty good!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah the lure of the big BM trailie. It comes to us all sooner or later.

I think its the most practical bike on the planet - shame they cost so much.
Don't think I'll have one at 8or 9K when I can have a GSXR750 two years old for £4K.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Riding through the winter can be fun...

Yesterdays cleaned bike + todays rain & service water dirt = bike needing another clean = Fun!!! (EVERY WEEK!!!) :kickinnut

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
Dan...you are one of the greatest riders ever.... i bet you do it in t'shirts and desert boots too dont you?? :D

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
I didn't ride yesterday, I looked out the window and saw this:

You guy's are fortunate :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
Afc thats nothing, thats knee down weather for me :wink

I learn't the hard way not cleaning through last winter, this year i haven't been out for a blast in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
356 Posts
rich2w2 said:
Unfortunately my thermals squeeze the old bladder worse than my leathers so that brought a certain discomfort to the later stages.
How unfortunate. Did you wee your pants?

No thermals for me - i'm a strong believer in the saying "cold hands, warm heart"

Love
Harry.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, not that cold

LOL.

No - but I'm now thinking about the warm sensation that could have given me.
I understand surfers take advantage of the warm water source on a cold day.

Nipped into a Morrisons to relieve and am now thinking the old lady sat there might have though - i saw no puddle however. She was looking 'relaxed' given she was faced with one of the devil's spawn which are bikers. Hmmm.

What age does incontinence become acceptable??

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
356 Posts
rich2w2 said:
Nipped into a Morrisons to relieve
Hasn't Morrissons got a lovely fish counter? It's always well stocked with a variety of fish at quite reasonable prices.

rich2w2 said:
What age does incontinence become acceptable??
I'm sorry to hear you're suffering from this embarrasing, and yet forgivable affliction Rich. I don't think it will ever be accepted in society, as it is quite anti-social, although i think that the majority can turn a blind eye - so long as you don't wee ON them, NEAR them, AROUND them or on any of their belongings. Also - smelling of wee is completely out of the question. Good luck.

Love
Harry.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
EvO said:
Dan...you are one of the greatest riders ever.... i bet you do it in t'shirts and desert boots too dont you?? :D
Mate... are u crazy??? Im a REAL man! I went all tribal today... riding bare foot with only a loin cloth to protect my bits and pieces! :myfault

1 - 15 of 15 Posts