R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! It's been quite a while since I've posted. A few months ago I traded my R6 for a 4-wheeler for me and dirtbikes for my boys. Well, Last week while riding with my buddies, I wrecked pretty hard. To make a long story short, I was on my way to help a friend at the top of a hill, and didn't realize he was trying to warn me to not go over the hill because there was a drop-off on the other side. Needless to say, I plunged about 8ft straight down, nose first. Landing on my head and shoulder with the atv (400ex) landing on top of me. It could have been much worse, but I was wearing my gear. I got out of it with only a shattered collar bone. the 4-wheeler doesn't appear to be damaged too badly. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to riding in a couple of weeks. I've already started a savings account, and am trying to put $100 a week so I can have enough for an R6 next fall.
I've found that I'm much more cautious when riding the street than when i'm playing in the dirt.
Anyone here ever broke a collar bone? How long until it's back to normal? (well, close to normal anyway) Any DO's or DON'T's while recovering?

·
Black is faster
343 Posts
dont use your arm. keep it in a sling. my doctor told me my broken collar bone was a torn ligament and i was walking around using it like normal for like a week before the physio guy said he thinks its broken, sure enough xrays show my collar bone broken. didnt heal properly needless to say

·
Registered
357 Posts
Spoolingbyu said:
Tghat sucks to hesar. Yuort 400 xe stokco? I had one whti the 440 kit and hot cams and it wsa teh shit.
wtf? are you typing with your damn toes?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FriendofaMember said:
What the HELL were you on last night?

And hmmmm16417, I hope you heal up quickly. :thumbup
hahahaha, I was wondering the same thing (aobut the toes)! Thanks for the healing wishes.

As far as the 400ex, it's not totally hopped up, just a T4 procircuit pipe, DG front bumper, renthal bars, full skid plates and CEET seat cover and graphics kit.

I have to go back in a couple weeks for them to take more x-rays to makes sure it's healing right. They said they want to avoid inserting a steel rod......I agree!

·
Registered
357 Posts
hmmmm16417 said:
hahahaha, I was wondering the same thing (aobut the toes)! Thanks for the healing wishes.

As far as the 400ex, it's not totally hopped up, just a T4 procircuit pipe, DG front bumper, renthal bars, full skid plates and CEET seat cover and graphics kit.

I have to go back in a couple weeks for them to take more x-rays to makes sure it's healing right. They said they want to avoid inserting a steel rod......I agree!
when i move to South Dakota im planning on getting a yfz 450. i love those damn things. but the 450 honda is a close second

·
Registered
773 Posts
Spoolingbyu said:
Tghat sucks to hesar. Yuort 400 xe stokco? I had one whti the 440 kit and hot cams and it wsa teh shit.
Translation is as follows: That sucks to hear.Your 400 ex stock? I had one with the 440kit and hot cams and it was the shit.

FriendofaMember said:
What the HELL were you on last night?
A pint of Jager and a about a pint of Hypnotic and Hynnessy combined and abuot 7 shots of Deisel.

·
Stock Tiip ARIO!
1,625 Posts
I broke my colar bone too.Don't worry about it if you don't need hospital days, I broke mine on a evo scooter. Maybe you should sell the truck and get your R6 back, much safer:evilgang

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sunofwolf said:
I broke my colar bone too.Don't worry about it if you don't need hospital days, I broke mine on a evo scooter. Maybe you should sell the truck and get your R6 back, much safer:evilgang
That's what I told my woman....."should have kept the R6" She just kinda laughed. She didn't want me to get rid of it in the first place LOL

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
heal up!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's been a week now. Still a little touch, but it's already much better. Hopefully be riding again in a couple weeks. I'll find out next week at the DR if it's healing "properly".........

·
599cc
103 Posts
I broke my rotator cuff and top of my arm bone in H/S, and that sucked. 10years later, after some throwing a ball or bowling or something it hurts. No pain with the R6 though.

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
You know people love to ride when they talk about gettin the bike/atv fixed right after they describe their injuries.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts