R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 R6 started leaking just a little on the front left and I decided to go ahead and replace the seals. What suggestions do you all have for the kind and weight of oil should I use?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My 04 R6 started leaking just a little on the front left and I decided to go ahead and replace the seals. What suggestions do you all have for the kind and weight of oil should I use?
This is one of the most neglected part of motorcycle maintenance - changing the fork oil regularly ..
Depending on the application, but generally for racing and track riding 5 is a good start and to make sure you have the correct level. The stock recommended level tends to be a little high - but that is more fine-tunning. The main thing is to change your fork oil regularly (if your racing, almost as often as your engine oil) ..
Wait until you see how nasty and black the oil you have in there is now, haha ..

Motul synth is pretty cheap where I buy mine, but you can always go with the Ohlin's or Racetech stuff if you don't mind spending a little more .. I personally use the Motul becuase it works well and it's cheaper ..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts