R6 Message Net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section
couldn't tell where to post....

I noticed recently that I have some oil on my left shoe and drops on the driveway.
Took off the left side panels and found most likely It's coming from the hose
coming down into the top left side case and then dripping down the case.:furious

Gasket?
Loose rubber hose fitting?
I've been riding for years but never service my own bike.
I don't want to get over charged for replacing a gasket?

seems it's right where the rubber fitting meets the case.

close up view

·
Registered
136 Posts
hey dude that an easy fix even you can do that is your stator cover and that plug is supposed to have some type of a liquid gasket (from a tube) seeing that youve been riding for years and the looks of the bike it just may of dried out from being old and the liquid gasket is cracking and letting oil out. sooo .... this is what needs to be done drain oil, remove cover(more oil will come out, so be prepared), clean out old liduid gasket, change regular gasket and add new liquid gasket,give some time for gasket to dry, reinstall cover, add oil, drive away leak free!

oh and if you dont decide to do it your self they shouldnt charge you more than 70 bucks if they use new oil or only like $10 or $20 if they do just the gasket and reuse old oil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey dude that an easy fix even you can do that is your stator cover and that plug is supposed to have some type of a liquid gasket (from a tube) seeing that youve been riding for years and the looks of the bike it just may of dried out from being old and the liquid gasket is cracking and letting oil out. sooo .... this is what needs to be done drain oil, remove cover(more oil will come out, so be prepared), clean out old liduid gasket, change regular gasket and add new liquid gasket,give some time for gasket to dry, reinstall cover, add oil, drive away leak free!

oh and if you dont decide to do it your self they shouldnt charge you more than 70 bucks if they use new oil or only like $10 or $20 if they do just the gasket and reuse old oil
I thought it was not a big issue...
looks like some old residue there from an old sealer of some sort,so guess it's just done what you said.I've only owned it since Nov. and the previous owner
laid it down at low speed(hense the damage to the cover and panels)

Thanks for your help my man,just what I wanted to hear:thumbup

Now will it hurt if I drive it for a couple more days before i fix it?
Or should I take out the 03 instead just to be safe?

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
I wouldn't ride on it. What if some oil found it's way on your rear tire?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.