R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
he should come down some... i mean thats a good deal, but not that good ya know? what condition is it in?

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like new apparently its a 550-575 pound spring. will that work for me? I'm 130 soaking wet.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Dont forget about your gear weight. I think mine adds like 10-15 pounds. From what Big D told me before, you can be alright on stock suspension since its setup for a light rider(around 155 i think). But getting aftermarket suspension is the first thing to concentrate on for track riding.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'd say talk him down a little if you can. I'd buy it for $800 though I think. If you can get him down to $750, and it really is like new, you're getting a great deal. All this is assuming the shock/spring combo is right for you.

·
Resident Slow guy...
493 Posts
Depends on if you think you need it. Granted the Ohlins will make a difference, The stock shock is pretty good and you only weigh 130 - 145 with gear. Josh Day ran 119: at Jennings on a bone stock 2005 R6.
If you really feel you need it get a Penske. A used one can be found in the 600 range and the 03-04 shock will work on the 05. The part # are diff but Max at traxxion assured me it works. So I found a new shock for 630 on Ebay. Double clicker Penske.

Some people need the mental support of knowing they have a better shock. I did. When I put my Penske on I went from running 27s at Jennings to running 24s. Just telling yourself you can go faster knowing you have the shock on does actually work.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
moto said:
I'd say talk him down a little if you can. I'd buy it for $800 though I think. If you can get him down to $750, and it really is like new, you're getting a great deal. All this is assuming the shock/spring combo is right for you.
Even if its not sprung you can get most suspension guys to switch the spring and get your suspension set up for a few bucks.

I'd talk him down a little and snagg it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts