R6 Message Net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which damper is the best?

or

Price doesn't matter, I just want the best performing damper. How it mounts doesn't matter either. I'm ok with drilling.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I've owned a Scotts before and didn't dislike anything about it other than the time it takes to install. But I saw someone else post that the Ohlins is hands down the best damper... I hadn't heard that before but I haven't heard anyone say the scotts was either. I thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the rod style on both my bikes. Im very happy with it. Just as adjustable as the rotary style damper. Its easy to adjust while riding. There was an article floating around last year comparing the effectiveness of the fork-frame, rod style damper over the triple clamp, and the rotary style damper. The rotary style was least effective. The main advantage I see is the scotts is easy to transfer from bike to bike. Not that the rod style is hard to move but more of a pain because you have to be sure you can get from lock to lock.

You also shouldnt have to drill. We had a bike come in the shop with the pitbull system. On some bikes you have to drill and tap to mount it. What a mess. I was considering one of these but after seeing that I wont get one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts