R6 Message Net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it just occured to me that my bike is sitting in my garage (all walls concrete except for roof)
its 30F outside.. could get down in the 20's

And all I have in it is Water+Water Wetter :myfault :myfault :myfault :myfault :myfault :myfault :myfault :myfault :myfault :myfault :myfault

Hopefully its insulated enough so the water doesnt freeze in my engine..........
Hopefully it goes above freezing and stays there until sat so i can add some antifreeze

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Go out and drain that immediately. It doesn't take much to cause a stress point in your radiator that will ruin your radiator.........He'll it might be cold but you are gonna pop that shit if you aren't careful

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just drain it all over the ground?
Actually I cant.. all my tools are at my parents house..
I was completly unprepared for nature to show up at my house.. I wish it would of called 1st...

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
When bikes freeze, things get expensive fast. All you need is a #3 phillips to get the lower off, and a 8mm wrench to take the drain bolt out. Even if you have to go buy the tools tonite, it's worth doing.

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
dude, its a tiny tiny bolt, thats it. Go to your local 7 11 an buy an adjustable wrench or borrow one. Get that shit done NOW!

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
lol heres and idea. crank it befor it freezes and let it run all night so it wont freeze. j/k

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Unless you want to put a heater near your bike all night I'd get the 2 tools the job requires and get it taken care of.

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
did you do it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol i didnt do it last night..
By the time i posted the message it has already been frozen (sub 32) for about 6-8 hours..

So it still sits the same and im scared to go look at it.. ill give the updates tomorrow when i get a chance to look at it (it wont freeze tonight)
Either way if any damage has been done.. its already done at this point

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
You are hereby found guilty of abusing an R6.........

it is sitting out in the cold right now, probably suffering extended damage and you won't go blow a few bucks on a cresant wrench to drain the water...

No offense, I would beat my own ass for this, repeatedly

·
Albert Hoffman
767 Posts
Yah, this is no good man I would've lit a campfire to keep my baby warm, while I was pouring antifreeze into the gas tank :myfault , Lets just hope for the 6 :sick . Not much left I can say for you :kickinnut I'm glad I have a heated garage, and antifreeze :thumbup

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
If you had your location in your user profile, I would personally come to your town, do the job and give you a weeks detention.

Abusing an R6, indeed......for shame

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just checked it.. ran the engine for a few minutes.. everything is working and I took care of it as well.
(I know some could call it abuse but maybe.. just maybe i was subconsciencly trying to get myself a good reason to get the new 06 R6)

I know.. sometimes I just do dumb things..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts