1 - 20 of 798 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE SPOILER CONTENT IN THIS THREAD*

It's time for the 4th annual MotoGP Manager Pool! Play for fun, play for $$

What is the Manager Pool?
The manager pool is very similar to fantasy sports, only better. You will be a team manager of your own MotoGP team. A team has 2 Riders, 1 Team and 1 Motorcycle. You can choose from any motoGP rider. Every Manager receives a fictional budget of 40,000,000 EUR. With this budget 2 Riders, 1 Team and 1 Motorcycle must be bought.

To join:
Go to http://www.motogpmanager.com/?lang=en and log in with the same email address and password as last year.

Note: Once you log in, you'll notice on the page that it asks you to join the Manager Plaza before you are eligible to play MotoGP. Welp, I went to the page to pay my 5 Euro for the 2007 season. Not only is the United States NOT an option when you choose your country ("Land" on the page), but the directions are in a foreign language. I saw no option to change it to English.

Once you log in, you'll see a red "My Team" link on the left. Click it. This will bring you to your team page.
On the lower right, you'll see "Subleague Options," click the red "Join a Subleague" link.

Subleague Name: R6Messagenet.com
Subleague Password: afcsocks

The first race that counts this year is Jerez (March 25), not Qatar.

Play for Money and/or prizes.
To play, paypal $15 U.S. dollars to [email protected]. When you do send the paypal to AFC, please include your motogp manager name AND your R6MN screen name.

The Payout will be 50/30/20 (less Paypal fees) Good luck :hattip

We'll compile a list of entries in this first post as we get more entries.

Last year we had our highest number of players, with 17 in the cash league and 21 in our subleague overall. Let's hope we can surpass that number this year!

Past winners:
2004 - Steptoe (UK)
2005 - fractureman (UK)
2006 - AMZR6 (USA)

Entry list (* denotes in for cash) List updated directly from motogpmanager.com - 3/20/07

1.asphaltpilot *
2.F550 *
3.NemesisR6 *
4.CephasGT *
5.DIESELindustry
6.Flaming Ozy *
7.circleincircle
8.kaotic *
9.Boourns *
10.AFC R6MN *
11.Iceholes
12.R6_Saint *
13.AMZR6 *
14.Chunk72 *
15.R6evo *
16.alex paik *
17.hockyis1
18.a2003R6le *
19.chase2000gt
20.AgCn R6MN *
21. Pancho
22. TZRaceR6
23. NOTKT *
24. tattoodraven *
25. Adrenaline_6
26. brclark82 *

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
F550,

Thanks for the info in the last thread :beermug,

looking at purchasing riders and team now :thumbup

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
no worries...

the first race you won't be penalized as far as i understand...so take your chances/gamble on the first race cuz you can switch riders without the 10% lost..

AFAIK...double check.

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
i was wondering do they have to be two different riders? or just two riders period..

if you take a huge gamble on one rider and picked him 2x...that'd be halarious if they actually did well on that one race.

boourns...i saw him sign up but not registered under the subleague yet

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
It isn't recognizing my email and password from last year. :madcurse

Ozy : there is an invisible option is the user settings somewhere. I think most of us were in stealth mode last year.

·
Givin you the business
1,624 Posts
If you click on the my profile link you can uncheck the box that allows others to see your team.

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Tip for the new guys:

Use the GP Calculator function to assist in picking a team within budget.

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
The only hiccup I had signing in was that it said I had the wrong password from last year. So I requested my password to my email, and they sent me the same password I was using and all was OK :umm

That and the PayPal page in a foreign language. :lol

But I'm in DAMMIT ..... and ready to do better than my close 3rd in 2005 (Freddie still owes me lunch) and my dismal effort in 06 (did I even make the top 10?)

Good times ahead guys...I cant wait :woot

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Hey AMZR6, we should be playing for free this year from MotoGP manager right?

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
so does the first race count? at all? or only predictions points from first race? do we get $ based on how we do on the first race generated by our team?

1 - 20 of 798 Posts