R6 Message Net banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
MrSpace said:
There is what the connector looked like (I had to break the tab to open it it was stuck there)

E.
Hey MrSpace, what year is your r6? my 99 r6 is doing the same thing, when I turn my key to ON, there is no light, nothing turns on at all. All fuses are fine. Is the connector in your picutures under the gas tank?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah its the white one under the tank on the RH side of the bike. You just unplug it and you can probably sand the crap off the metal, if not you would have to buy a new connecter but i dont know if you can get them through yamaha as just a part, they prolly want you to buy the whole harness.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well I just paid $900 for a new rectifier and wireharness ($80 hr labor) Bike was running good and then all of a sudden the bike wouldn't turn over...nothing. I read this thread and poped off the tank and yep!!!! IT WAS THE MAIN CONNECTOR. Looked oxidated just like the pic in this thread.

So my question is, if I paid for a brand new wiring harness, would that cover that connector? If so, I got screwed!!!!

Let me know so I can make a phone call tomorrow. I just got it done a week ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FIXED!!!!

it was indeed the main switch connector. Not fried but oxydated and contact wasn't good.

Damn it was a mess finding it!

without the correct wirin diagram (the one in the manual is not the right one for mine) I would've had a hard time finding it.

thanks for your pointers guys!

E.
[/QUOTE

21 - 27 of 27 Posts