R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read a bunch of posts on tires and I realize everyone has an opinion about which they think are best. But, I still have two quick questions:

1) Do I need to replace both front and back at the same time? The rear definitely has to go but the front seems OK.

2) I live in the northeast and want to get as many miles as I can so I need a tire that is well equipped for cold weather and rain as well as nice days. Can someone suggest a tire specifically for this area of the country?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Im in RI, so we have similar weather here, Ive had luck with both the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT and the Pirelli Diable Sport. You dont need to change them both if one still has life left, but most people agree that you should have the same model tire on the front and back.

So no Pilot Power front and Diablo back

·
Registered
134 Posts
I live in north jersey and run with Pilot powers on my R6. Def. stick with the same model tires front/rear but you dont need to change them at the same time (I usually get a season out of a rear tire and almost 2 out of the front, I do about 7K miles a season).

Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts