R6 Message Net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an r6 99 t reg and there is no neutral light (the bike is out of gear) and it will only start if i pull the clutch in and put the stand up. I have replaced the neutral switch in the gearbox ????????
has any body had simular problems?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Never really looked for it on a Yamaha, but normally there's a wire that runs from the neutral switch, located somewhere on the tranny, to the speedo. This wire gets grounded when the bike is in neutral and completes the circuit for the neutral light as well as the starter disable circuit. Chech the wire for breaks, also you should be able to just pull the wire off of the switch and ground it....if the bike starts, you've got a bad switch. I'd start there.

marcus

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mar6cus said:
Never really looked for it on a Yamaha, but normally there's a wire that runs from the neutral switch, located somewhere on the tranny, to the speedo. This wire gets grounded when the bike is in neutral and completes the circuit for the neutral light as well as the starter disable circuit. Chech the wire for breaks, also you should be able to just pull the wire off of the switch and ground it....if the bike starts, you've got a bad switch. I'd start there.

marcus

I have tried that thanks somebody has told me there is a diode in the wiring under the tank???? cant seem to find that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
elusive said:
Wouldn't it still start in neutral when the bike was "in" neutral though?
The bike will start in any gear but i have to put the stand up and pull the cluth in (even when in neutral) I have changed the ecu and the clocks and the neutral switch still no neutreal light. If anybody has a haynes manual there is a diode coming of the blue/yellow wire (on wiring diagram) from the main ignition can anybody tell me where this is on the bike please

·
Registered
53 Posts
andynolanr6 said:
I have an r6 99 t reg and there is no neutral light (the bike is out of gear) and it will only start if i pull the clutch in and put the stand up. I have replaced the neutral switch in the gearbox ????????
has any body had simular problems?
If you still gotta pull in the clutch and have the stand up for it to start... you're prob still in gear!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts