R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie on this board and was referred here from a fellow Nesba (www.nesba.com) rider. I just purchased an 04 R6 and it's going to be delivered soon so you'll probabily see alot of newbie type questions. I've looked around and this seems to be a solid group of folks so I'm looking forward to discussing bikes, racing, and typical shit that happens on message boards.

Thanks!

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
:welcome bro...you'll find all kinds of great info. Just remember, the search button is your best friend here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JacekPSUr6,

Thanks for the welcome and information! Looking forward to having my bike delivered from NC, making some mods and getting out on the track! I've looked through a ton of posts and the best section for newbies with R6's is the How Tos, what a site.

:beermug Thanks again!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, too much bike for the track. I weight about 155-160, it isn't as nimble and I couldn't keep up with the 600's except for the straights. I loved my 929, very dependable bike and was very comfortable.

Meet some dudes at Autobahn in Joilet, IL and he had an R6, I feel in love just by the way it looked. Then I got to reading some articles and all of the money and technology thrown at the R6 and R1's by Yamaha. I found a good deal on eBay so I couldn't resist.

Spoolingbyu, is that name because your turboed either on a bike or car? If so, check out my site, we have a few spooled things on there as well, he he.

:thumbup

·
Registered
773 Posts
mueller923 said:
Spoolingbyu, is that name because your turboed either on a bike or car? If so, check out my site, we have a few spooled things on there as well, he he.

:thumbup
Wow you are the first person out of the 15 boards that im on to think that its from being turboed, but yea I used to have a 390whp civic SI.

I learned to ride on a 929 and it was a very comfortable bike I thought, but it sucked in the turns (had a 12 inch extension).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny that I'm the first :smilecool!

We have Evo's, can't complain and with a little bit of work 300-350hp can be easily accomplished.

That was my first fuel injected bike and real track bike. It received the highest rating for folks who loved to ride on the track, however it's just too much like you said. It's not agile enough to keep up on tight turns or tracks. If you visited my site, that was my 929, beautiful bike, cool color schema and definatly stood out. I had a D&D pipe which made it annoying as hell, however loud pipes save lives.

We geared the bike which helped in the lower end, but not enough. Tried a few other things as well, but nothing compares to the 600's. Not to mention the 15000 rpm range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts