R6 Message Net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a 03 special edition R6. I was wondering if anybody here in the socal area knows of dealers/private owners selling an 03 s.e. R6? I was going to get one but it had a salvage title on it. So that's gone. Much help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but I've already contacted those guys. I think the guy that's selling the one on craigslist with the micron exhaust is a scam. The guy is located somewhere else. Also, for the one from Texas, doesn't DMV require that if you are importing any vehicle from out of state, it must have at least 7,500 miles? At least that's what I read on the DMV site. Other wise they red tag it. Can someone confirm this for me so I won't be mistaken?

·
Phi Alpha
1,518 Posts
worm boy said:
Thanks, but I've already contacted those guys. I think the guy that's selling the one on craigslist with the micron exhaust is a scam. The guy is located somewhere else. Also, for the one from Texas, doesn't DMV require that if you are importing any vehicle from out of state, it must have at least 7,500 miles? At least that's what I read on the DMV site. Other wise they red tag it. Can someone confirm this for me so I won't be mistaken?
Yeah...in order to title it in CA, it has to have that many miles. That's because of the emission changes and restrictions for the CA bikes.

Good luck bro....I bought mine in San Diego in July and rode it back to Phoenix.

EDIT:
I know you said "newb" so I don't know how much money or experience you have....but here's an R1 Black/Red Flames in CA.

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/4/3/81719743.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts