R6 Message Net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i was wondering something about helmets. at school i always have to walk by the bike parking on the way to class and i notice everyone leaves thier helmets on thier bikes. i was wondering if ppl have little locks or something to keep ppl from stealing them or if everyone naturally trusts that thier helmet will be there when they get back? cuz well i got a shoei x-11 and once i get my bike i wouldnt wanna find my $500 helmet jacked.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Deimos said:
Most bike have a little strap you can hook your helmet to under the passenger seat.
and since its strapped to your passenger seat.. the only way to take it off it to take off the passenger seat.. which requires a key. im sure the straps can be cut and so on.. but ya just dont see that happenin too much.

·
Registered
438 Posts
yeah, but I almost always take my helmet with me, and its just a cheap hjc.
a x-11 i would never leave that on the bike, locked or not.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so for that seat strap is there like a lock for it or do use your own mini lock or something? as u can tell i havent bought my bike yet, taking the msf in a month.

·
Registered
297 Posts
theres hooks under the pass seat that you put the loops from your helmet to, to take the pass seat off, you need the key....but i just take my helmet with me...

·
Registered
906 Posts
The only thing is that someone cuts the straps it makes the helmet useless. Unless I guess someone rigged it.

But yeah, if its a $450+ helmet then I'd take it with me.

If it were a "crash hat" that Harry B has, then I would just leave it on the ground because you wouldn't be able to give that thing away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts