R6 Message Net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, new to this board.
I post enough on Gtamotorcycle.com, and i've kept the same handle.
I rode a ninja 250R for the past season, and took it to a track day. I had a blast, so just recently, i bought a 2001 R6 Race bike. I needed to upgrade anyways, so now i'm tryin to get the best of both worlds. It's totally modded with Ohlins rear shock/internals/sidemount damper and Motor completely rebuilt by Condor Racing, etc.
It's not street legal....yet
I'm going to check out bikes here to get some ideas of what to do with the tail section, b/c i need a place for brake lights, and a plate.

Here's a pic:

later.

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Welcome to the board, are you from Canada? (gtamotorcycle.com)

Have you ridden it yet?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AFC said:
Welcome to the board, are you from Canada? (gtamotorcycle.com)

Have you ridden it yet?
yeah, just north of toronto. i recognize ur name from the board...

havent ridden it :mad:
it's been winterized. I could throw some coolant in, and go for a boot, but i doubt the race tires will grip in this weather. :wink

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Sucks that you get to look at it but not ride it for a few months. Have you ridden a R6 before?

Check out the East Canada forum at the bottom of the main page, most of those guys are track-junkies from the GTA and a good group, I met a bunch of them at Mosport earlier this year...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AFC said:
Sucks that you get to look at it but not ride it for a few months. Have you ridden a R6 before?

Check out the East Canada forum at the bottom of the main page, most of those guys are track-junkies from the GTA and a good group, I met a bunch of them at Mosport earlier this year...
hey, just noticed i DON'T recognize ur name from GTAM. I guess b/c i've been lurking, your name seems familiar. :myfault

I havent ridden an R6 before, but i've ridden a zx-9, and an sv.

yep, lurked that forum too, and actually do know some of the names there!

Mosport is on my list for next year, but all the trackday schedules i've looked at are for weekdays. I need to work to pay for tuition (currently, in second year of univ), so i'd be hard pressed to make those. The last owner of this bike told me he hits 270, then holds on and waits for the braking point for the turn :thumbup

thanks all for the welcome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!
I've decided what to do about the body - flat black! hope my DIY job turns out okay.

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
mmm looks like a tasty buy! :welcome aboard!

·
Registered
989 Posts
:welcome

to the messynet!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome! You have found the last place you will need to go on the internet to find anything!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts