R6 Message Net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
thanks man! youre the second person thats recommended bridgestone, are those the battlax tires? i was told about them by a friend.
All bgridgestone sport tires are called battlax, its the number you want to look at. The BT-002's are an aggressive street/track tire. Very sticky. Great feedback. Great stability. Good milage. Not the best in the rain. Actually just won a tire shoot out test. I have beeen running them for over a year street and track (for the track I use the race version) and really like them. Best tire I have used in 10 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
iv just been looking at these and see there is differnat componds for front and rear. so if i get 002 for rear what about front? how many miles you been getting out of them?

are they harder in the centre and soft on the outside?

cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im a Pirelli man myself, Im not saying Pirelli's are the best tyre in the world but they are def up there with the best and I have always been very happy with them so I stick to them. Im currenty running Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's and they are the best Pirelli tyre I have ever had.

They are quite expensive though and very sticky so Im not sure how long they are going to last but for me, grip is my first and only real issue when chosing a tyre, wear life and everything else comes second to absolute grip in my opinion.

Im running a 180/55/17 rear (SC2) soft compound and
a 120/70/17 front (SC1) super soft compound.

There is just so much grip especially on the edge of the tyre, they are I suppose a semi racing tyre so you would expect this grip.

I just love them!! :thumbup

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im a Pirelli man myself, Im not saying Pirelli's are the best tyre in the world but they are def up there with the best and I have always been very happy with them so I stick to them. Im currenty running Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's and they are the best Pirelli tyre I have ever had.

They are quite expensive though and very sticky so Im not sure how long they are going to last but for me, grip is my first and only real issue when chosing a tyre, wear life and everything else comes second to absolute grip in my opinion.

Im running a 180/55/17 rear (SC2) soft compound and
a 120/70/17 front (SC1) super soft compound.

There is just so much grip especially on the edge of the tyre, they are I suppose a semi racing tyre so you would expect this grip.

I just love them!! :thumbup

·
Registered
43 Posts
iv just been looking at these and see there is differnat componds for front and rear. so if i get 002 for rear what about front? how many miles you been getting out of them?

are they harder in the centre and soft on the outside?

cheers
The 002 RS's do not come in different compounds. You were looking at the 002 Race versions which I used to run at the track(now running the BT-003's).

For the RS's(stands for racing street BTW), I get about 3000-3500 miles out of them. They are not dual compound (harder in the centrer and soft on the outside). Like jwoody said, which is what I believe as well, "grip is my first and only real issue when chosing a tyre," well that and feed back and stability. The Pirelli's are the top tear tire and will run you about $500 a set. The BT-002's are just as good, IMO (I have run both tires extensively), and only run about $250 a set.

Good luck bro.

·
Registered
43 Posts
road smarts or 2ct roads

Dude, road smarts are a touring tire. They have no business on a sport bike if you are doing any type of hard riding. I highly advise against mounting road smarts onto any super sport bike. .02

·
ON 1 WHEEL IT IS
86 Posts
I run Maxxis Presa Sport and love them They are just like the pilot power but cheaper and more tacky, I ride REALLY hard everyday I only got 800 miles out of the stock tires and I am going on 4000 for these maxxis I love them and will never put any other tire on my bike!!

·
One arm wonder
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually ended up getting a scuffed michelin pilot race rear with 50 miles from a shop down here, but once that goes away i think i will be getting a bt002 but just rear for now since my front is fine, i couldnt wait any longer, my rear had thread showing in a bunch of places, i appreciate all the input guys, thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anybody run the Perelli Diablo Corsa III's? Just wondering how they are.
I ran them for 3 sets. I liked them. Great feedback. Nice stability. Heated up quickly. Did have a tendency to want to stand up under hard trail breaking. Rearly slid out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The original poster is looking for a good high mileage tire.

I installed Pirelli Diablo Strada, which is marketed as a long-wearing high mileage tire.

I love them! Great grip, and with 3,000 miles on the rear tire they still look pretty good. Hard to gage, but I'd say I'll get at least 8000 miles on the rear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You may be sketical but i HIGHLY recommend the Continental Road Attacks.
They are in the same league as the Diablo stradas or the metzler Z6's. These tires warm up really fast, last a long time, and hold up under aggressive riding. I got rid of my dunlop 208gps for these and its the best mod I have ever done to the bike besides converting the front to a 70 series tire and shimming the rear. These tires have quick but predictable turn in and dont feel like they are just going to slide.

Good mileage options are
Metlzer Z6
Pirellie diablo strada
Continental Road Attacks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.