R6 Message Net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
That kid is really good, but he's only 70lbs. On those little 50cc bikes weight makes a huge difference in braking, acceleration and especially changing direction like that track required. It looked like the guy behind him was 50lbs heavier.

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
but the guy behind also looked like he was riding a 600 or 1L...however there wasn't that much straights....

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
That’s 9 championships so far in 2006.

Peter has over 40 race wins in 2006, but racing season isn't over yet with the biggest race of the year just around the corner. You can catch Peter and a swarm of other mini racers at the upcoming AMA Southern California Mini Gran Prix (http://www.scminigp.com) being held November 4-5 at California Speedway.
Cot damn! Anyone know if he won that event too?

·
Registered
616 Posts
yeah im pretty sure he has his own "kids page" in road racing world! i know hes been in that mag a bunch. thats where i first heard about him.

as far as weight goes CU360R6, in your theory wouldnt pedrosa win all the time in gp then or atleast have a huge advantage? hes fast but doesnt seem to have any real advantage other than on other honda riders that HRC wont give parts to hahahahaha

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
chris659 said:
yeah im pretty sure he has his own "kids page" in road racing world! i know hes been in that mag a bunch. thats where i first heard about him.

as far as weight goes CU360R6, in your theory wouldnt pedrosa win all the time in gp then or atleast have a huge advantage? hes fast but doesnt seem to have any real advantage other than on other honda riders that HRC wont give parts to hahahahaha
Hp to weight ratio is significantly reduced when comparing a 220+hp machine to one making just 15hp! 50 pounds is the equivalent of 7hp. You're less likely to notice 7 hp, when you have 220hp on tap, vice only having 15hp on tap. :thumbup

·
Registered
616 Posts
TZRaceR6 said:
Hp to weight ratio is significantly reduced when comparing a 220+hp machine to one making just 15hp! 50 pounds is the equivalent of 7hp. You're less likely to notice 7 hp, when you have 220hp on tap, vice only having 15hp on tap. :thumbup
well he also wasnt the only kid out there on that size bike and the other kids looked to be about the same size as he.

discounting the kid's skills is the same as everyone here discounting stoners and haydens success IMO. the kid has over 40 wins in 06!

excuses are excuses are excuses

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
chris659 said:
well he also wasnt the only kid out there on that size bike and the other kids looked to be about the same size as he.

discounting the kid's skills is the same as everyone here discounting stoners and haydens success IMO. the kid has over 40 wins in 06!

excuses are excuses are excuses
I wasn't referring to any other kids. I was comparing the one large guy to the kid, and pointing out that on those small bikes, weight of the rider is a huge factor. Someone with 50 pounds over another is not gonna be very competitive.

I don't even know who this kid is, nor really care. Until a racer actually gets on a "real" bike and proves they can race against the big boys (think Elena Myers, PJ Jacobson, Bryce Prince, Kris Turner, etc...) they haven't proved anything and are still just an unknown. Sorry, but winning on pocket bikes doesn't mean a whole lot.

·
Registered
616 Posts
first, this 9yr old was already ouriding kids on bigger bikes, despite physical size

second, where do you get your start at the age of 9? on small displacement bikes

third, roadracing world must think a lil something about him because he writes his own column along with people you mentioned like elena myers

im not trying to get into a pissing match with anyone. im just trying to point out some very young great talent and feel thats its wrong of anyone to discount this kids talent. hell, the kid probably has more skill at his age then i do and im 26! lol

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
chris659 said:
first, this 9yr old was already ouriding kids on bigger bikes, despite physical size

second, where do you get your start at the age of 9? on small displacement bikes

third, roadracing world must think a lil something about him because he writes his own column along with people you mentioned like elena myers

im not trying to get into a pissing match with anyone. im just trying to point out some very young great talent and feel thats its wrong of anyone to discount this kids talent. hell, the kid probably has more skill at his age then i do and im 26! lol
Don't get your panties in a bunch. Everyone gets their start somewhere. But until I see a kid on a 125cc GP bike or larger bike and competing against experts in the club scene, what a kid does on a mini-moto just doesn't mean very much. As I said, he's an unknown. A lot of people try to move from smaller bikes where they were demi-gods, to bigger bikes and flunked horribly. I'm not saying this kid will be like that, but it does happen.

And until we see him cut his teeth in the big boy classes, you are simply heaping praise on a kid that has yet to show us anything. Sorry, but minimoto's don't really count for much. It's a starting point for young kids, and that's about it. Don't try to make it out to be more than it is.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I don't even know who this kid is, nor really care. Until a racer actually gets on a "real" bike and proves they can race against the big boys (think Elena Myers, PJ Jacobson, Bryce Prince, Kris Turner, etc...) they haven't proved anything and are still just an unknown. Sorry, but winning on pocket bikes doesn't mean a whole lot.
UH, ok. There's no denying he's got talent and his 1st place podiums prove that as well. Whether he makes it to the AMA, WSBK, MOTOGP or just at a club racing riding level is something time will only tell, but the odds seem to be in his favor and starting at his age and being groomed to be a pro racer in the coming years is something that's not far fetched.

Besides, isn't he like 9 or 10 years old? Either way man, good for him to start out early and show potential to be competitive in the near future :handclap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick update...a lot has happened in the last seven months... top of the list is he turned 11 :)

Earlier this year Peter started riding an RS125 chassis with a CRF150R motor on big tracks.

His six day on a big track at the Streets of Willow (eighth on bike) was captured here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU6xrs7SOCc a couple weeks later he turned a 1:26.6 (using the skid pad) on rather shagged tires.

Another from Barber (short video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkf_2m6MZ88

His first race on a big track on with GP chassis is in August. We have had him focus on schooling instead of racing.

I posted a pretty extensive update over on the RideOnTwo forum for those interested: http://www.rideontwo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1787

++ Turn two at Barber ++

As Hate12 pointed out, I am over on Colin's forum quite a bit. All the best.

Michael Lenz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts