R6 Message Net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wat up DAWG!!!
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come none of the press seem to know that r6 is on a 3 year cycle(out on the market for 2 years before bringing out a new one), every 2 years they moan on about how Yamaha haven't delivered the shiny brand new machine everyone was expecting, only for them to do it the next year, it really annoyes the hell out of me.
Just take last year for example, no offence to 05 guys, i think its the best 600 of 05.
And its not as if Yamaha tries to keep this a secret, there have loads of cases where i have heard Yam say this themselves.
OK Rant over, im sure im not the only one to pick up on this.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
on top of that... they dont just realease the exact same bike every year... they perfect it and refine it every year, even tho they completely redesign it every 3 years...

03 new bike
04 more refined -- new coils, mapping
05 even more refined -- new forks, brakes, engine work etc
06 new design

the R1 is the same way

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Thats not the way it's always been... we've had this same thread so many times in the past *sigh*

99-00 All new R6
01-02 Revised version
03-04 All new R6
05 - Revised version to keep the public happy
06 All new bike

So, you see, the first gen lasted 4 years, then 2nd gen 3 years...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thrak said:
Thats not the way it's always been... we've had this same thread so many times in the past *sigh*

99-00 All new R6
01-02 Revised version
03-04 All new R6
05 - Revised version to keep the public happy
06 All new bike

So, you see, the first gen lasted 4 years, then 2nd gen 3 years...
They did the same with the R1 as well, 4 yr cycle (at least '98 - '01)... Personally I'm a little bent, I bought an '05 thinking that the new bike would be '07. I guess I should have kept my '03...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think we should all go to work for Yamaha since we have their marketing schemes figured out....hell I am Marketing Major and there is no doubt that is what Yamaha is guilty of...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts