R6 Message Net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to buy Brembo master cylinder, the problem is they ask if i want to add the double banjo bolt or single banjo bolt?
What is banjo bolt? if anyone had bought master cylinder for r6 03, is there any improvement on braking?
My stock brake dont have good feedback.PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
166 Posts
i want to buy Brembo master cylinder, the problem is they ask if i want to add the double banjo bolt or single banjo bolt?
What is banjo bolt? if anyone had bought master cylinder for r6 03, is there any improvement on braking?
My stock brake dont have good feedback.PLEASE HELP
The banjo bolt is where the brake lines attach to the master cylinder. if you have a "single" banjo you have one brake pipe coming off the master cyl, then being split to feed the front calipers. If you have a double banjo you have two pipes coming off the master cyl one goes front left, one goes front right. Mine is a 1999 model and has the double banjo! Sorry I dont know which years use which systems, or what the "for and againsts" are for either, (Though I'm sure SOMEONE here will tell you which is best) !!!! Dave.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The banjo bolt is where the brake lines attach to the master cylinder. if you have a "single" banjo you have one brake pipe coming off the master cyl, then being split to feed the front calipers. If you have a double banjo you have two pipes coming off the master cyl one goes front left, one goes front right. Mine is a 1999 model and has the double banjo! Sorry I dont know which years use which systems, or what the "for and againsts" are for either, (Though I'm sure SOMEONE here will tell you which is best) !!!! Dave.
thanks dave, i think my bike got double banjo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.