R6 Message Net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new helmet. Im not too sure what to get. I currently have a shoei rf 800, but i dont really like the design on it. Anyone have any good suggestions?

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
AGV! I like mine at least.

Suomy, Arai and Shark are also good lids. It's all about what fits you best and what you can afford. You're going people all over the place here.

·
Registered
989 Posts
+1 on agv but fit should be your number 1 factor

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
The new helmet line by ACSAS Technologies is about to hit the street as well. These will encorporate photochromic visors (changes from clear to dark tint depending on available sunlight - tint will come in various colors), will come with led lights for a halo or afterburner effect at night (if you wish to have this feature), moisture wick soft liner, a rechargeable battery to power mp3 players, fans for the summer (fan is built into the helmet), and paint by Mike Lavallee (same guy that does high end paint jobs for various folks like Chip Foose, Ford Motor Co, Mac Tools, JL Audio, West Coast Choppers, Kid Rock, etc...) Helmet is ECE 22-05 and DOT approved and should sell in the $400 range (final price still being determined). I'm currently finishing testing the helmets now in race settings to make final adjustments. Looking for comfy fit, sound dampening and total air flow over the head before release to the public. Should be out early next year.

Examples of Mike Lavellee's work at www.killerpaint.com:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I probably looking to spend no more than like $400 CAN

Also it hard for me to try on new lids too, here in Manitoba they dont have many dealers and dont stock lots.

_bryan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Actually $400cdn is like $340usd.

Your best bet is ebay. An Arai Corsair here is $1100, on ebay you can get them between 400-500usd.

I bought the Bostrom Spec1r when it came out on Ebay for $500cdn.....our price $999.

But you really have to try one on first.

good luck man

·
Registered
87 Posts
maybe you should tell us what lid you wear right now, and one of the all knowing riders on this forum can cross reference sizes from experience, and then it will be less of a guess and check game when the helmet comes in the mail. just my 2 cents

1 - 12 of 12 Posts