R6 Message Net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been Cruizin the community for a while now and I just want to start off by saying that you are a great group of folks.

little something about myself, My name is Mike, 24yrs old, I reside here in Los Angeles, Ca I just finished the Ca MSF course last week (great class by the way) easy but very informative. Dirt bike rider for 5yrs mostly trail riding on my 02' Suzuki DRZ400E or 97' KX 250 with my buddy’s. I've never owned a sports bike but I've ridden some of my buddy’s new school sports bikes (99' R6, 00' gixxer, 03' R1, 05' R1) and some of the old schools (92' F2, 95' F3, 97' 750 gixxer) all in between yrs 99' to now. the latest bike I’ve ridden was my dB ridding buddy’s 05' R1 that I didn’t even get out of second gear, that thing screams power more power then I'll ever need. It was between the 05' R6 and 05' 636 for my first street bike until the 06' R6 pics & specs came out now its between that or the Kawi 636. I wont be seeing to many track days so all I want is a street bike I can have fun with, most of my buds that ride street have 1000's and every time I talk about the 600's that I want they always say "man you need a 1000, your not going to be able to keep up with with us":shrug . I havent put a deposit on the 06 R6 yet because I want to see the reviews on how it performs on the street, I've seen many times people on this board and others say that the new R6 is a track bike in street trim has me the wondering if its the bike for me. sorry for the long post

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
First off, :welcome
2WheelBully said:
most of my buds that ride street have 1000's and every time I talk about the 600's that I want they always say "man you need a 1000, your not going to be able to keep up with with us":shrug
I hate to judge, but some of your friends sound like the type of folks that I would make it a point NOT to ride with, unless they were just joking around with you.

As far as keeping up with 1000's, let alone anyone, that isnt' something you should concern yourself with at any time while riding on the street. City roads and highways are not the place to try and prove yourself. That is what the track is for.

I can trounce many folks on literbikes at the track, and there's even more folks on "lesser" bikes that can make me look like a snail........it's all a matter of rider skill.

Sorry to preach, but I always aim to set new members on the right path once they join this board.

You will find this place to be a great source of information on the R6 and the sport of motorcycling. We have a great bunch of folks here who are always willing to answer questions and share a laugh or two.

Again, welcome to the R6MN!

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
:withstupi This man knows his shit. Wise up, you don't need to to prove yourself to anyone, thats how you get killed.

As for the bikes, I'm not going to say to buy either one. The R6 seems to be superior though.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
listen to Nemesis, it's all rider not bike.

:welcome

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
+1 on nem's post. If all you're going to be doing is street riding, I dont see the point of getting the 06 unless you've just got the extra scratch laying around or just HAVE to have it. dunno what you've got for twisties out there, but if you're mainly just gunna be cruising around town on mostly straights, more bike might entice you to go faster. then again you've been riding the dirt for a while so you may have the smarts to keep it under control.

whichever way you go, :welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
It looks like you have accumulated some good knowledge over the years and can contribute to the community. There is still plenty to learn….for everyone. Even the most seasoned riders can learn.

+1 on not listening to your buddies. Peer pressure and riding beyond your skill is how people get hurt of killed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already know when I get my bike I'm not going to be riding with those guys too much, that’s all they like is the straights and cruizin the blvd:snooz .... When I get my bike and get some seat time on the 600 I plan to hit the twisties, check out some sweet scenery and meet new folks. My buddies with liter bikes already know from dirt biking together that they can’t pump me up to do stupid stuff if they blast off into oblivion I'm still going to be grinning from ear to ear way in back of the pack riding at my own pace, call me the level headed one of the group, I ride because I love to ride. Nemesis I will truly take heed to your words

Thank you guys for welcoming me

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
Sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders. :thumbup

Be sure to keep us updated on the upcoming bike purchase.....

·
Registered
886 Posts
NemesisR6 said:
First off, :welcomeI hate to judge, but some of your friends sound like the type of folks that I would make it a point NOT to ride with, unless they were just joking around with you.

As far as keeping up with 1000's, let alone anyone, that isnt' something you should concern yourself with at any time while riding on the street. City roads and highways are not the place to try and prove yourself. That is what the track is for.

I can trounce many folks on literbikes at the track, and there's even more folks on "lesser" bikes that can make me look like a snail........it's all a matter of rider skill.

Sorry to preach, but I always aim to set new members on the right path once they join this board.

You will find this place to be a great source of information on the R6 and the sport of motorcycling. We have a great bunch of folks here who are always willing to answer questions and share a laugh or two.

ture dat

to the new guy

Welcome

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
NemesisR6 said:
First off, :welcomeI hate to judge, but some of your friends sound like the type of folks that I would make it a point NOT to ride with, unless they were just joking around with you.

Dumb rider+ fast bike = just a staright up dumb ass.
I agree with you man. So what if he has a 1000 cc bike. That dont make him a a better rider. Its not the bike that makes you its the rider and rememeber that.

Dont listen to your freinds they sound like a bunch of dumb asses sorry for the profanity. And pl;us if they were good freinds they would not leave you behind on a group ride. Most of my buddies ride 1000 cc's they never leave me behind. Just take it easy at first dont try pushing your bike to the fullest at first. Just be safe and have fun. Get the bike thats suits your needs. Not what you think you need.

·
The Twins have arrived!
491 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hope you find all that you need info and otherwise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts