R6 Message Net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to both the forum and my R6, and just wanted to introduce myself. I have ridden dirt bikes since I was 5, and both of my parent's Harleys since I was 16. This is my first sportbike which I have now owned for about a month. I have already bought a nice jacket, gloves, and tinted shield, but still have the following on order: Puig Race Wind Screen (Dark Smoke), Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders (I already know the difference no-cut makes, no need to inform me), Competition Werks Fender Elimination Kit, and lastly Hotbodies Flushmounts. I will prob. invest into some shorty bars latter on and possibly a slip on exhaust. But for now, I am completely happy with my bike, and will be attending my motorcycle safety course this Sunday. I will also post pictures up as my parts come in and get installed, but here are my pictures for now:

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job, you try to put down a new member, however you let your ignorance shine through by assuming too much. You would think a senior member would have more intelligence. I had just got home from buying the bike and I guess I don't wear pants and boots everywhere I go. Also, if you actually knew anything about bikes you would know that the jacket is a $350 Scorpion Exowear made out of kevlar... I prefer the outer mesh material over the leather so I don't sweat my ass off in Georgia. So next time before you try and burn someone, use some common sense, shut your mouth, and congratulate them on the new purchase. Oh, and just out of curiosity, where are the pics of your bike since you have been a member here for almost 3 years?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Let me first start by saying congrats on a great looking bike, it sounds like you have done your homework on the mods you want.
Secondly Not everyone is a fan of Textile jackets on this forum so to each his own at least you have some gear on. Regardless of what may or may not have been in the picture, you have to admit when you post a picture like that one, it is going to open you up to flames. Just take it with a grain of salt. If we didnt give a shit about what could happen no one would say anything. I am certain if you took the time to buy the gear you do have on then the rest is either at the house or on the way.
Third this is a great forum and the people on here know what the heck they are talking about so pay attention to whats being said, in the different posts.
And last but NOT least, get out there and get some road time.

Rob

·
Cuban Croc
9 Posts
Similiar Background as far as riding. Riding dirt bikes and Harley's. I just purchased a 2008 R6 as well. Only have a little over a grand on her.

Second, although frowned upon, I ride w/tennis shoes and shorts when I am not trying to tear something up...including myself...I can't believe a person rides in full leathers all the time.

Last, could someone let me know if a company has come out w/an intergrated turn signal for the 08. I can find them forthe 07, but I can not find them for the 08.

Thank you for your time.

-Al

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rob:
Thanks for the advice. Also, I'm up to about 710 miles so far on my road time in only 3 weeks. I have been riding it as much as I can before it starts getting colder. Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Cuban:
Sounds like we are in the exact same shoes... I too couldn't imagine riding in full leathers all the time. When I tote around town I just wear shorts and tennis shoes (and like you said, it's frowned upon), however if I know I'm going to be having fun with it, I wear jeans, boots, jacket, and gloves. As for the integrated turn signal, I actually have one on order specifically for the '08. It's made by Clear Alternatives, but it currently shows that it is backordered because they have not actually shipped out the first shipment yet. The first shipment will be on or around August 8th (at least that is what a rep. at C/A said). Hope this helps buddy, peace.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow ... I don't frequent this board much but was it really necessary to tear into daredevil the way you did? His comment may have been "alittle" out of line so to speak but wow you just chewed him a new one. This is the time more than any to have the proper gear on , sneakers and shorts ? That's just crazy. Ok now "everyone" has ridden in sneakers and shorts before But Not as a new rider to the sportbike scene. The items you've listed as mods that you're gettin done ..... well for one , flush mounts - Yeah you're not going to be seen from Anyone comming at you in the opposite lane. But hey the look really cool right?
Ok I'm done in this thread

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Considering that it was my first post on the forum, I was kinda pissed that the first reply was negative, thus leading to my reply. As I have stated in other posts, I typically do ride in boots and jeans, but not when I unexpectedly bought it one Saturday and I was out in shorts and sneakers. Obviously I am here today and unscratched, so does it really matter? Why can't more people be nice and simply say, "Congrats". I have joined r6-forum.com and not had one single person comment on the shorts and boots, they just all said congrats. And for the flushmounts, I believe it is one of the most common things done to sportbikes, and as a motorcycle driver you should always act like your invisible on the road anyway and predict what other drivers might do. So yes, I guess I would rather "look really cool".

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice bike - i got an 08 as well in the Yellow/Black color. I wanted brighter colors so people will def. see me but the black def. looks awesome!

Cuban Croc - for integrated turn signals are you looking for rear, front or both? I forget who makes my front LED flush mounts but for my rear I bought the integrated tailight from www.customdynamics.com

It is a great taillight. It fits excellent and is very bright. I do recommend the turn signal relay otherwise your signal will blink a lot faster and it kind of annoys me but others seem to not mind it. You can get both from customdynamics. Great customer service too!

There are soo many for front flushmount signals that I would just search on google and look at a couple and just get what you like by price. Mine were real cheap < $30 if I remember correctly. If you cant find anything PM me and I will track down what I got. My pics have been around the boards try searching to see.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I was wondering about the HID kit also and how hard it would be to install.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.