R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damnn , I think I'm about to eat my own word ........

I brought the 600R, figured it could go fast enought and told myself, that that was all the bike I need......

rode a little( about a year or so, ) put maybe 4,000 to 5,000 miles on it and then turned around about brought my 05 R6...... figured that that was all the bike i'll ever need

well I get the 6..... put 6,700 miles on the 6 this year(would have been more, but my 4 kids and a wife started looking at funny)

Did my beltway ballin, never cared for the stuntin, wised up
started doing group ride, brough gear, ie leathers, back protectors, and every other god dam gadget they have out there.

Hit the track several times....pick up a trailer, more tools..., changed some parts/mods ( ie clips ons, new Pilot tires, D&D pipes and others ) wanted to get in on the timer & damper group buy, debating on race plastics although I kinda like the Raven stealth black look......geezzz....

Now I thinking about making the 6 a track only bike, and going out to pick up a R1.......

I know it not a need but......

this bike shit is almost as expensive as a wife & mistress........

Viper

·
Registered
357 Posts
sounds logical. but will you have time for both bikes. i would just stick to the track bike b/c trackday and racing gets expensive as hell.

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
It sure does gets expensive...but instead of an R1, why don't you just get the 06 R6? The only thing you'll have to keep in mind, will your wife and kids throw you outta the house for not spending enough time with them?
Good luck bro

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Viper-R6 said:
Damnn , I think I'm about to eat my own word ........

I brought the 600R, figured it could go fast enought and told myself, that that was all the bike I need......

rode a little( about a year or so, ) put maybe 4,000 to 5,000 miles on it and then turned around about brought my 05 R6...... figured that that was all the bike i'll ever need

well I get the 6..... put 6,700 miles on the 6 this year(would have been more, but my 4 kids and a wife started looking at funny)

Did my beltway ballin, never cared for the stuntin, wised up
started doing group ride, brough gear, ie leathers, back protectors, and every other god dam gadget they have out there.

Hit the track several times....pick up a trailer, more tools..., changed some parts/mods ( ie clips ons, new Pilot tires, D&D pipes and others ) wanted to get in on the timer & damper group buy, debating on race plastics although I kinda like the Raven stealth black look......geezzz....

Now I thinking about making the 6 a track only bike, and going out to pick up a R1.......

I know it not a need but......

this bike shit is almost as expensive as a wife & mistress........

Viper

DOOOOO IT... thas what i did, and ill never look back.

·
Registered
693 Posts
How do you make a small fortune racing?

Start with a large fortune. :D

·
99 R6 + 04 R1 = Trouble
606 Posts
If you can do both, do it!! I did the same thing and the only regret I have is not having enough spare $$ for more track days.

As long as your wife is cool with it and its not an issue with the kids, I dont see why you wouldn't.

·
Registered
176 Posts
think about this:
instead of getting another street bike...buy ur kids some type of track bike and get them into it. That way you can make it a family thing. Might cost you about the same as a new road bike. i know that if my dad did this i would totally be into it. Wife might be more inclined to go with it if you include the kids!

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
Ehh just ride the R6 in street trim and still take it to a few track days. Doesn't seem like you have more time than that to be on 2-wheels. That way if you bin the R6 you can have a good reason to get it into track trim and use extra insurance money for an R1. See I'm a genius.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts