• Sky Blue

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
R6MN Addict
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I would appreciate your opinion on a color for my 05. I wrecked the left side of it this summer and I never was a huge fan of the stock Red so I put together some different colors from photoshop. Please check out my website and tell me which colors are your favorite. Tim's Hole in the Wall :kickinnut

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
^ i agree. i think it would be cool at first but then it would get old quick. i'd personally go with gunmetal. everyone has a raven, thats not unique. but gunmetal, oh so beautiful and dazzling!

·
Registered
286 Posts
How do you plan on painting the bike? Doing it yourself? If so, what system are you using? HVLP? Airless?

My fiberglass is all prepped for paint...just deciding on what route to go for the painting system...I think I'm going to go for an airless HVLP system from Campbell Hausfeld for around $150....sure beats a rattle can or a $350+ pro job.

·
ARE OH IN IN WHY
1,177 Posts
Whats HVLP?

I recently painted a friend's rear faring, used syphon fed air gun. I'm trying to get a gravity fed system though, they paint so much more smoothly and you can use as little at the time as you want to.

·
Registered
286 Posts
"Turbine-Powered HVLP Paint Spraying Systems use an electric turbine (110v or 220v) to deliver a high volume of air at low pressure to the gun's Air Cap. When the trigger is activated, the paint is released at the Fluid Tip and the high-volume low-pressure air atomizes the coating externally as it is being applied. By spraying at low pressure, Turbinaire Turbine-Powered HVLP Systems virtually eliminate bounce back and over spray, and dramatically reduce paint wastage."

I copied that from a web page...but basically, since i live in an apartment, and don't have an air compressor...a turbine HVLP gun will work best for me to keep the overspray down, and it's small/portable. The systems range in size and price depending on the type of work you do.

·
ARE OH IN IN WHY
1,177 Posts
didlysquat said:
"Turbine-Powered HVLP Paint Spraying Systems use an electric turbine (110v or 220v) to deliver a high volume of air at low pressure to the gun's Air Cap. When the trigger is activated, the paint is released at the Fluid Tip and the high-volume low-pressure air atomizes the coating externally as it is being applied. By spraying at low pressure, Turbinaire Turbine-Powered HVLP Systems virtually eliminate bounce back and over spray, and dramatically reduce paint wastage."

I copied that from a web page...but basically, since i live in an apartment, and don't have an air compressor...a turbine HVLP gun will work best for me to keep the overspray down, and it's small/portable. The systems range in size and price depending on the type of work you do.

:thumbup Thanks, learn something new every day

I got lucky and had a paint room already built because my dad used to paint cars and bikes...also got some pointers along the way

·
Registered
286 Posts
No problem!

This will be my first time painting, and I've been trying to read up as much as possible on it....seems as though prep work is 90% of the work, so I've been spending a lot of time reparing the fibreglass, sanding, bondo'ing, sanding, sanding, and sanding some more....

·
R6MN Addict
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think I have the skill to paint my plastics with the high quality finish I want. My gf's stepdad does hot-rods and such and painted a couple of pieces for my Jeep when I hit a deer last year so I was going to see if he will paint them for me. I want to get a higher quality paint than just your average automotive paint so I was going to get a custom color mixed up. Anyhow, it will be a Gravity fed system I believe that is the best but I'm no expert either. I really appreciate your guy/girls opinions I am getting a better response from you than I am on the other r6 forum I check out every once in awhile. I've decided that R6MN ROCKS!!! :rockon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts