R6 Message Net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. I recently found a 99 r6 on a forum. The bike has couple mods. Its lowered, jet kit, carbon fiber panels and sprocket conversion. bike has a 2002 motor with a salvage title. He is asking for 3k for it.... i was just wondering if it is worth me buying this baby. O and how much harder (and Expensive...) is it to get insurance on a salvage title bike?
Thanks for the help,
Kyle

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Why does it have a salvage title and 02 motor. I would start asking questions. Depending on the state it may be a bit of a pain in the ass. Here in CT you have to have reciepts of all the parts replaced. I'd keep looking check the for sale section on here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thrak said:
I'd pass too... you dont want a lowered R6.

Why not? Sure lowering it has ill effects on the handling... But some of us have short ass legs and need a lowered bike to fit comfortably. Mine is slammed like a pancake, and I avoid speedbumps at all costs. It's easy enough to raise back up though. Just curious why lowered bikes seem to be frowned upon. ??

:wall

·
#1 member
2,807 Posts
Saladbar said:
Why not? Sure lowering it has ill effects on the handling... But some of us have short ass legs and need a lowered bike to fit comfortably. Mine is slammed like a pancake, and I avoid speedbumps at all costs. It's easy enough to raise back up though. Just curious why lowered bikes seem to be frowned upon. ??

:wall
it changes the handling characteristics that its known for. if you have to then sorry. but you are missing out on one of the bikes best features

·
Dragraces too much
1,641 Posts
Though honestly, how many people can say that they really are able to use all of the bike's handling ability at stock height? If it's lowered, the performance envelope shrinks a bit, but if you increase confidence for day-to-day riding, then I'm all for it.

Namely, becuase you shouldn't be exploring that much of the handling on the street in the first place. Riding like that belongs on a track.... So I suppose that it depends on what you want the bike for.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I would never buy a salvaged title bike unless I was using it strictly for parts or for the track.

If I'm not mistaken, most insurance companies won't even insure a bike that has a salvage title.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts