R6 Message Net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I've returned recently from a deployment overseas, and have come back to find that my chain on my 2000 R6 Champions edition is dragging really low. So low, in fact, that it is hitting my fairing when it's rolling. I know practically nothing about maintenance, so I'd need some 'barney-style' instructions (preferably with pics!) on how to fix, either permanently or temporarily, my chain. I'm dying to ride it again, but everyone at the shops here locally seem to think that it's something that I can fix myself, but when they tell me about how to fix it over the phone, I'm clueless. Sorry! It's just that it's in storage at a relative's house about an hour and a half away, and I really need to have intent to go out there and know how to fix it (on a weekend, when the shops are closed, is the only time I can get off). Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Was it dragging that low when you left? You'll need to adjust the rear wheel to increase tension on the chain. If the tension is too loose you might need to take a link out, but I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts