R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone do this? I read in another post that the voltage settings in the service manual are wrong. Plus when I try to do it (per manuals instructions) the voltage does not move! Do we have a how to on this? I looked and can not find one!

Help......:(

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I called Yamaha yesterday and asked them if the service manual was wrong. They said the manual had a revision 11/03 and I purchased mine spring to summer of 03.

The revision pertains to page 7-34 (bottom of page) where they tell you to probe the Blue wire (Positive lead of meter) and Yellow wire (Negative lead of meter) and to adjust the TPS to .63v ~ .73v :furious WRONG-WRONG :furious. When you do it that way it comes out to 4.23v and up.

The correct way is Yellow wire (Positive lead of meter) and Black wire (Negative lead of meter) then you can adjust it to .63v~.73v...the only thing that was wrong was the wires everything else is correct.:thumbup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.