R6 Message Net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the crankcase on my 99 r6 with a "new" one purchased from a user on the "forsale" forum. I used my old cylinder heads and complete valve train (both off a 99 r6 engine) and the "new" crankcase (off a 02 r6 engine)

When I tried starting it up but it wouldn't run. (even with started fluid), the engine would crank but not turn over. I broke the engine down and double checked the timing, but thats appears to be fine. I smelled the exhaust and gas is getting in the chamber. Any ideas? Does this sound like an ignition issue or something more?

Any advice or knowledge would be helpful.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
well since u did a complete break down it could be many things, several of which have to do with the electrical, and ignition. You're just going to look over every electrical component and make sure they are all properly hooked up.

As far as mechanically, I'd just double check the timing, it's possible to accidentally install one of the cams 180* off, and not break anything, the engine will still turn over, just won't run (been there done that) Look into the how-to section for my timing guide, shows you how to install the cams easily and properly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, i'll look over the electronics. I hope its something really simple i missed. dropping the engine again to redo the timing would be a bitch, but i guess if i want to ride I gotta do what I gotta do.

thanks again i'll keep ya posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts