R6 Message Net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Rather new to the sports bike scene (as I am only 19). Ridden a Fazer before but never really cared that much about gear.

When I was 16 I bought a kevlar jacket at the local bike shop but never thought I would own an R6 when I bought it. Obviously looking for more sporty type of jacket now.

Anyway, looking to buy some nice new gear to go with the R6. However, I'm not expert and not really sure where to look. Was hoping people could suggest a couple websites or review sites where I can have a look at some gear. I'm looking for street gear as a opposed to track. Don't think I'll be taking her to the track for a while :).

Cheers and I appreciate any comments or advice you can give.

Take care and drive safe.

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
you want to be wearing leather in case something bad should happen...leather gloves and jacket along with a good helmet should be the minimum. I would look at a perferated jacket so that it is not so hot in the warm months

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, looking for some nice leathers. At the moment I've got some pretty nice gloves. However, can you suggest any big leather brand names so I can look around? As I said, rather new to the market :).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
teknic is growing in popularity as well. but i love my a-star sp2s

also get boots. you may think you won't need them until you get them and realize what the heck you were waiting for...
Teknic have some nice stuff, cheers for that.

I'll definitely check out some boots, but might need to wait a bit to get another months pay check :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, looking for some nice leathers. At the moment I've got some pretty nice gloves. However, can you suggest any big leather brand names so I can look around? As I said, rather new to the market :).
I'd check out Icon. They make some great stuff and even though the price is up there, they're well worth it. I love my Icon leather Jacket. Wouldn't trade it for any other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.