R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okies... i have take the motor out of my R6 with no problems (apart from what i am about to fix - the busted crankcase)

I used the manual on the CD that you can buy anywhere for the R6.

My problem is its not very detailed. ie to remove the motor under bolts here here and here... it didnt tell me about all the looms the throttle and clutch cable and shit like that i'd have to remove unplug etc... Altho common sense told me that this would all need to be done, i want a manual that tells me EXACTLY what to remove first, where to put what when i rebuild it and all the relevant information i would need to rebulid the motor...

Any one that has this document i would be in debted to you...

Please help... Soon as i can get my bike back on 2 wheels i am ready to go to phillip island for some track work. Until then im just going absolutely nutz!!!

Cheers

Chris..

·
Registered
332 Posts
not to be a dick, but if you cant figure out those kind of details without a manual, you shouldnt be working on the bike. the manuals tell you the relevant information you need to know, it would be the size of a phone book if it specified every minute detail.

what exactly are you doing to it? you shouldnt even need a manual to drop the motor, if youre tearing it down then pay attention as you take it apart, take notes,pics, whatever you need to remember. the only crucial things you need to know other than what goes where is tightening sequences and torque specs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have all the specifications, i have taken a shit load of photos and everything is being laid out in order...

However, before i pull all the internals out of the bike i want a reference.

The manual that is in .pdf format on the cd is shit. Like i said above, it states to remove motor remove bolts here, here and here...

It didnt tell me the amount of shit i'd be undoing to get the motor out. Its not a problem for me to figure out how to do it, i just want the safest option. Its not rocket science, its just a motor, but i want the most amount of information as is possible, and if there is a phone book thickness manual, i want it... my question is, does this exist, and does anyone have it here?

:thumbup

And its cool, your not a dick, you just dont understand that i like doing shit properly, not half assed, get thru it, get lost, lose bits, not sure how to put clutch back together, send to someone else, cost more money, fuck that!

·
Registered
332 Posts
like you said its not rocket science:snooz

the manual that you have is a yamaha manual thats been scanned. the only other option you have is haynes or chilton, which youd have to order, and isnt going to be much better than what you have. those are the only options youve got, my advice is save the $30 your gonna spend on another manual and work with what you have.

what exactly are you doing to your motor? most of the time its cheaper and easier to just get a whole motor off ebay to swap out if yours is junk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine isnt junk...

Its done around 19000kms and no track work yet...

The last retard to work on my bike didnt secure the front sprocket, it spun off and took the sprocket cover with it, which ripped a hole in the upper crank case. obvioulsy because they are a matched pair i cant just buy the top half.

So i am replacing the crank cases on my motor. The internals are all fine and spot on, because i have ridden the bike since then without fault. I just need to pull the internals out and put them in a new set of crankcases.

Also due to the ridiculous cost of motors in Australia, that isnt even an option. Why would i pay $3500 exchange for that when i can have my bike ridable again for less than $1000

·
Registered
332 Posts
i didnt know you lived there. i had the same thing happen to one of mine, had it welded and never had any problems out of it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my old man is an engineer and my uncle is a fitter & turner for the last 20 odd years, so i have given it to them... they said if they cant fix it, no one could, knowing how anal my dad is, lol... i beleive him...

So thats the approach im goin for too, for the moment... i want a pair of crank cases anyway if i can get em, because soon as march comes around, this will be my track bike... :thumbup

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have the factory paper manual for the carbureted r6,s (earlier years) with the suppliments as well that i will sell for $25 u.s dollars. once the fuel injected models came out, the yamaha dealership went to cd's only. e-mail me at [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts