R6 Message Net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i finaly got mt clutch toggether, im pretty sure its all correct, i pull on the clutch lever and its really easy to pull. something is not right.
suggestions?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Need a bit more information. Getting the clutch actuator lined up is a bit tricky when putting the clutch cover back on.

Some stupid questions, did you tighten the two nuts on the clutch cable and adjust the slack? The major adjustors that are located near the clutch not the minor adjustor that is on the clutch perch.

Did you get the frictions and steel plates right? There are three different frictions if memory serves me correctly on the 06-07 R6. 2 different types of frictions on the 03-05.

Did you start the bike and see if the clutch engages and disengages?

Did you install a slipper clutch (this sometimes changes the play on the clutch).

Z

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've noticed to with the clutches if you think of the lever on the clutch cover as being able to spin 180 or close to that the first 90 is almost all free play and taking up slack once you get to 90 that is when it will start to engage. So if there is no cable attached it should spring back to being about parallel to the clutch cable. if that makes any sense at all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right. its an 05 im pretty sure its all right, but its not. when i start the bike and pull the clutch, its like its limp. its way to easy pull. i know its not disengaging.
I did not install a slipper clutch.
i will just have to go back through it again, and see whats wrong.
Any tips on how to get the actuator and cover lined up? it was an ass clown for me.

Need a bit more information. Getting the clutch actuator lined up is a bit tricky when putting the clutch cover back on.

Some stupid questions, did you tighten the two nuts on the clutch cable and adjust the slack? The major adjustors that are located near the clutch not the minor adjustor that is on the clutch perch.

Did you get the frictions and steel plates right? There are three different frictions if memory serves me correctly on the 06-07 R6. 2 different types of frictions on the 03-05.

Did you start the bike and see if the clutch engages and disengages?

Did you install a slipper clutch (this sometimes changes the play on the clutch).

Z

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've noticed to with the clutches if you think of the lever on the clutch cover as being able to spin 180 or close to that the first 90 is almost all free play and taking up slack once you get to 90 that is when it will start to engage. So if there is no cable attached it should spring back to being about parallel to the clutch cable. if that makes any sense at all.
not really, but it kind of makes sense. i will play with it some mo tonight.

·
Registered
147 Posts
the only thing i could add is that the little lever on the clutch cover will be able to twist with your fingers then it will stop that is when it needs to be pointing towards the clutch cover then you should be able to twist it with a wrench or something. FWIW

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Right. its an 05 im pretty sure its all right, but its not. when i start the bike and pull the clutch, its like its limp. its way to easy pull. i know its not disengaging.
I did not install a slipper clutch.
i will just have to go back through it again, and see whats wrong.
Any tips on how to get the actuator and cover lined up? it was an ass clown for me.
Yeah, take your oil filler cap off and use a flashlight to look into the hole. It is a bitch to get the actuator lined up, best bet is to hold the cover close but not so it totally engaged. Then rotate the actuator until the dots line up.

Hard to explain, easier to show.

Sorry

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
ok i just had this problem this past weekend and figured out a solution.

the clutch cover cable arm, you can push that to a point and it stops. also: there is a dot on the arm, and an arrow on the cover.

at the point where you can no longer push it, the dot and the arrow need line up. that is when you hook your cable in.

if you were able to get the cover on flush, it is on correctly don't worry about whether or not its hooked into the pull rod. there is no way its on unless it is hooked right.

trust me, i spent 5 hours trying to figure this problem out.

also check the how to's, i just posted there regarding clutch install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.