R6 Message Net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the main harness, no relays or CDI box or anything. Just want the wiring to replace mine because some of the wires are frayed etc. and I dont want my new CDI box to suffer the same fate as the last. 99 or 00 will work but 01 and 02 will not work because they have a different CDI I do believe. Let me know what you have and what you are looking to get for it price wise. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just the main harness, no relays or CDI box or anything. Just want the wiring to replace mine because some of the wires are frayed etc. and I dont want my new CDI box to suffer the same fate as the last. 99 or 00 will work but 01 and 02 will not work because they have a different CDI I do believe. Let me know what you have and what you are looking to get for it price wise. Thanks.
Hey, I saw your reply on a different post...it was about a guy whose 05/06 R6 leaking oil on the right side. You suggested him getting a new oil pump gasket...I. having the same issue with my 2006 R1. Took it to a shop...Superbikes Unlimited in Arden NC. It's not some shade tree shop. They build race bikes, do flashes, dyno, etc...anyways, they did a few things for me which one was replacing the timing chain and tensioner. After getting it back it was leaking from the/what I call the timing cover...not the one where you see your oil level...the one in front of that one. I took it back, they fixed it and it leaked again. They have now tried twice to replace the gasket. First time they said the gasket crimped and not sure why now. Is the gasket for the cover called an oil pump gasket or is it called the timing cover gasket? At this point I'm going to buy a new cover in case they damaged the old one while removing it. What's your thoughts...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts