R6 Message Net banner

My R6 Color Phases

2K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  csideblue 
#1 ·
Well I just repainted my bike. First I'll start with pics of previous color schemes.

Stock 03 Silver/Black

Repainted all Silver

Got new bodywork from 03 LE Black with flames

Decided to go track only, spray painted white track fairings

And here is what it looks like now, Bmw Estoril Blue

The paint booth

Ochlocracy sanding away

See less See more
#10 ·
aar0ncee said:
love the color bro... what kinda bodywork is it?
I got it for super cheap off ebay. Its better than godfather plastics....but not the best stuff available.

#12 ·
Well we repaired it from the crash i had at my last trackday. Then we sanded off the old white paint. Then applied two part primer then the estoril blue then clearcoat. It took a long time. We also got some footage for the track dvd for sportbikehowto.com . The pics make it look alright, but in person its got blemishes. I dont mind tho since its a track bike and will be crashed again.

#13 ·
I'm guessing you rattle-canned it then?

Not saying you got bad results (it looks great, especially for a track bike) but I have learned to get great results with the rattle-cans.

#14 ·
No we used an air spray gun. Och just got a lil excited with the beautiful color and put it on a lil thick so it ran. It looks much better than a rattle can job, like my last paint job. All that matter is it looks good at 100mph which i think it will.

#16 ·
aar0ncee said:
type of bodywork?
I dont know, its not a name brand. It came from some guy in FL that sells bodywork on ebay. I just know its better than godfathers cause I installed some this weekend and it was junk. I am sure mine isnt nearly as nice as sharkskinz, but they are good enough for me right now.

#18 ·
aar0ncee said:
hahah dont let melk-man hear you say that... he promotes godfather and uses it on his track bikes.
Oh shit, my bad, didnt mean to knock it like that. I dont wanna offend him since he is a local at the track I go to and hopefully one day I can get some pointers from him.

#19 ·
looks good... do you park your bike in storage or in your apt?
You should do much better on the track now that you have blue bodywork.
Blue is faster :lol

#20 ·
ptirmal said:
looks good... do you park your bike in storage or in your apt?
You should do much better on the track now that you have blue bodywork.
Blue is faster :lol
It goes in the garage of my house. Yep I have always heard that blue is faster, i'll find out soon. I did get a slipper clutch installed the same day as I painted the bodywork so that might help too.

#21 ·
HighBimminR6 said:
I dont know, its not a name brand. It came from some guy in FL that sells bodywork on ebay. I just know its better than godfathers cause I installed some this weekend and it was junk. I am sure mine isnt nearly as nice as sharkskinz, but they are good enough for me right now.
I think you are referring to Pit-Eck......I have seen their auctions and I know MotoR6 runs a set on his bike. They're based out of Miami.

I actually just ordered a set of Godfathers on the notion from Melkman that their quality and craftsmanship has improved drastically over the last month.

Rest assured that I will be posting up my FULL impression of them once they're in and I get 'em mounted up/painted......

#22 ·
NemesisR6 said:
I think you are referring to Pit-Eck......I have seen their auctions and I know MotoR6 runs a set on his bike. They're based out of Miami.

I actually just ordered a set of Godfathers on the notion from Melkman that their quality and craftsmanship has improved drastically over the last month.

Rest assured that I will be posting up my FULL impression of them once they're in and I get 'em mounted up/painted......
Yeah I am pretty sure these are a few months old, so if they improved recently that would be awesome:thumbup . Let us know what you find out.

#24 ·
HighBimminR6 said:
Oh shit, my bad, didnt mean to knock it like that. I dont wanna offend him since he is a local at the track I go to and hopefully one day I can get some pointers from him.

yeah i got a set from him and it came with an undertail and ram air covers so i didnt complain... i figure the money i saved ill get a good prep/paint job...

...how hard was it to install your slipper clutch?

#25 ·
Your bike looks great man. Thats a nice set up for a temp spray booth, cool.

NemesisR6 said:
They are based in Hallandale/Hollywood Florida which is just north of Miami and I think thats the name, I thought it had something - Teck, maybe Pit-Teck ??? I lost his card.

It's not the best bodywork but it was what I could afford at the time, it got a little damaged during the Hurricane since I had it outside in the yard, but it's still usuable.

NemesisR6 lets us know about that Godfather, there is a set selling right now on ebay for $325 - buy it now. Nice to see you getting some plastics man, :woot .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.