R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just repainted my bike. First I'll start with pics of previous color schemes.

Stock 03 Silver/Black

Repainted all Silver

Got new bodywork from 03 LE Black with flames

Decided to go track only, spray painted white track fairings

And here is what it looks like now, Bmw Estoril Blue

The paint booth

Ochlocracy sanding away

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
:rollin @ Och on the gound. Looks like an amateur pron video set. :lol

Very nice blue, I've always loved the blue BMW colors

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aar0ncee said:
love the color bro... what kinda bodywork is it?
I got it for super cheap off ebay. Its better than godfather plastics....but not the best stuff available.

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
aar0ncee said:
what kinda bodywork is it?
+1

Looks like you had to repair quite a few spots to get it looking decent before painting.

Nice work, guys!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well we repaired it from the crash i had at my last trackday. Then we sanded off the old white paint. Then applied two part primer then the estoril blue then clearcoat. It took a long time. We also got some footage for the track dvd for sportbikehowto.com . The pics make it look alright, but in person its got blemishes. I dont mind tho since its a track bike and will be crashed again.

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
I'm guessing you rattle-canned it then?

Not saying you got bad results (it looks great, especially for a track bike) but I have learned to get great results with the rattle-cans.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No we used an air spray gun. Och just got a lil excited with the beautiful color and put it on a lil thick so it ran. It looks much better than a rattle can job, like my last paint job. All that matter is it looks good at 100mph which i think it will.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aar0ncee said:
type of bodywork?
I dont know, its not a name brand. It came from some guy in FL that sells bodywork on ebay. I just know its better than godfathers cause I installed some this weekend and it was junk. I am sure mine isnt nearly as nice as sharkskinz, but they are good enough for me right now.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aar0ncee said:
hahah dont let melk-man hear you say that... he promotes godfather and uses it on his track bikes.
Oh shit, my bad, didnt mean to knock it like that. I dont wanna offend him since he is a local at the track I go to and hopefully one day I can get some pointers from him.

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
looks good... do you park your bike in storage or in your apt?
You should do much better on the track now that you have blue bodywork.
Blue is faster :lol

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ptirmal said:
looks good... do you park your bike in storage or in your apt?
You should do much better on the track now that you have blue bodywork.
Blue is faster :lol
It goes in the garage of my house. Yep I have always heard that blue is faster, i'll find out soon. I did get a slipper clutch installed the same day as I painted the bodywork so that might help too.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts