R6 Message Net banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you can get an accurate way of checking his speed, bet him ,and take his bike.
My 03 has a bmc filter,power commander, slip on etc. and 520 with 1 tooth down in front and have only been able to get to 162 mph. Thats with a speedohealer.
It still has more revs but wont pull anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hit 276km/h on my 01 GSXR600...2 years ago...I'm a small fucker though, 145lbs on a good day...pretty sure the bike doesn't know when I sit on it...still I don't believe it was accurate though....bike was stock..but, no way a 600 is going 276km/h....

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think if you ride it off a high enough cliff you can reach those speeds. Who cares anyway.... racing an F-16 are we???

·
Dragraces too much
1,641 Posts
Light weight doesn't really do as much as you'd think for top speed runs. Slightly bigger guys can do better if they're tucked well, something about the shape of your back.

The weight difference makes a massive change in accelleration, though.

·
Dragraces too much
1,641 Posts
Billy|B-A said:
I saw 172 on mine too. But thats completely stock. So I figure thats about 160-165? Its funny though I hit that in a fairly sharp turn, but I cant hit it on a strait....
If you're leaning the bike, you're using the side of the tire rather than the center, and that's closer to the axle. This means that the tire is effectively shorter, and your gearing is thus also a lot shorter. So it makes complete sense, becuase it's like gaining 3 teeth on your rear sprocket when you lean over hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I could only get 170mph indicated on speedo on my '04, it's got pcIII, micron full high flow high exit "serpent" exhaust, stock air box and filter... not sure what actual speed would be but it was on stock gears and fresh tires so probably close... I was in 6th with throttle pinned and shift light glowing for another gear... anyway, 178 on completely stock bike..? Probably not...
he's a dumbass, even without speedohealer he can't go 178

you're the winnar :thumbup

21 - 30 of 30 Posts