R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hes got a 2004 r6 with 20,000km on it and he says he can hit 287 km/h thats 178.3 MPH. I made him a bet that speed must be corrected with speedohealer, and recorded by radar. Its physically impossible for a 2004 r6 to hit 287 km/h.

am i right??

btw i bet him bikes. and he said he would do it. wat should i do lol

·
Registered
666 Posts
he's a dumbass, even without speedohealer he can't go 178

you're the winnar :thumbup

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
does it have NOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Unless he has mad engine mods(read mucho HP) And reversed his gearing(less accel, more top speed) he's just a tool and you have yourself a new bike.

look through the top speed thread and no one even claims that much out of a six.

enjoy the FI 04 :thumbup

edit-always you go with the pics or it didn't happen thing

·
Dragraces too much
1,641 Posts
They can indeed go faster, but he'd have to draft with it. Some guy at daytona ran a stock bike for a magazine, and hit the limiter in top gear becuase he was in the draft of some rather built machines (factory rides).

But he sounds like rather a tool.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thats without a speedohealer cause i've got a 2003 R6 and displayed i've had mine up to 280km/h aswell thats with some mods.

I'f he had a speedohealer on it would display about (i'm guessing) 260km/h.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I saw 118 yesterday when I let off going up hill. Those speeds are good for the track. I can't wait to get on teh track again and maybe really be able to top my bike out. But I think I'd scare my self first before that happend.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was on the highway going around 159-161. It was bouncing back and forth as i stayed on it for a bit. It was pretty windy without moving let alone going that fast. I was not quite topped out, but it was damn close.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
what the speedo say's is one thing.... what the bike is truely doing a whole other story.. i have seen 172 on my speedo. i know damn well i am not going that fast. my friend saw 174 on his speedo when gps's he read 165 sustained for 10 secs....

·
Registered
569 Posts
flaminr6 said:
factory bikes are topping out at 162.
factory fx bikes are not geared for top speed runs

A new liter bike will reach 175+ stock and they put down about 145-150hp at the wheel. I would guess one would need at least 140 hp on a R6 with crazy gearing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts