R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for sportbikes today, I went to two dealerships...here are my results.

First off, I went to teh Yammy/Zook dealer. Didn't even look at the zooks, but he did have an 06 something...whatever the one that's basically an 05....but otherwise, he said no other 06's till January. Doesn't know WHEN in January, but January is the word.

SO I was thinking about the Yellow fancy shmansy one. Well, ym deal without any haggling worked out to $11,172 OTD.....kinda steep eh???? So I left there kinda unsatisfied and discouraged. That's alot of fookin money for a 600......

So I went off to the Honda Dealer. A little better luck there. I was lookin at 600RRs and an Interceptor. It's an 04, but is new, sat on the floor has 0 miles.

I was able to swing a brand new 05 600RR for $9200 OTD. And $8500 OTD for the Interceptor.

Umm...should I keep looking around? The Honda dealers seem to be willing to work with you a bit more than the Yammy dealers....

Eitherway, I'm getting a bike by the end of this week, either through the classifieds here, or brand new.

Classifieds, I'm looking at:
http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67416
and
http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67956

Leaning a bit towards #1, but the sheer closeness of #2 (15 minutes away!!!)makes me think otherwise....

What would you do in my scenario? I'm ATM, new wise, leaning towards the 600RR. As the Yammy is too damn pricey, and they didn't seem willing to work with me at all.... But for the used...I'm stuck in the middle between my choices...

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Apparently even the dealers know ur a douch.. :lol

9200 for an 05 is fuckin crazy. Hell i paid 8700(raven) right at the start of the ridin season. Hes fuckin nuts, and you are 2 if you think thats a good deal.

BTW, i was lookin at a red rr.. I was quoted between 8-8500otd.. Hell ill go buy you an 05 rr right now for 7895 and ship it down there 2 you...

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah......I didn't do much haggling really...just "I have $1000 to put down..." And just let themselves talk the price down...I did nothing really in terms of getting my price. As well, my car isn't completely sold, so Saturday is the day when I get the cash, so up until then, it's just finding and searching....

As far as the 05 600RR...aren't the 05 and 06 exactly the same? Like no upgrades other than color scheme?

Either way, I dunno what the hell I want...I just got the bug to ride again.....

·
Red '05 R6
324 Posts
A local dealership in So. Cal was selling a new '05 600RR for $7,999. OTD door would have been something like $8,800. Do not pay over $8,900 for the 600RR.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
the 06 600rr are different,than the 05s. i have an 04, $6700 out the door,paid in full of course...it was what they called "freight damage" there was a small crack in the upper right above that little what ever it's called light...only bout 2 inches long and barley noticeable, and a scracth in the decal that said honda, on the bottom of the bike...i would have never seen that if i wasnt told to get on my hands and knees and look down...apparently they had about 7 of these "freight damage" bikes...they sold like hot cakes...i lucked up and got mine cause a personal in the store had rolled it in the back for a friend to come buy earlier that day..well he never showed..so he told me about the deal and had to buy it...

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha...I didn't pay shit. I just got quotes...they don't just add tax, they add all the crappy charges, which Im sure I could get waived if I actually was trying to get one, I just strolled in to check out what they had....

Oddly enough, I tried to get a loan through the bank...Bank of AMerica...

Eligibility

* No commercial vehicles
* No vehicles for business use
* No conversion or delivery vehicles, gray market, or lemon law vehicles
* No salvaged, rebuilt, or branded title vehicles
* No Daewoo or Suzuki automobiles

General conditions

* Minimum amount financed of $7,500
* Maximum amount financed of $100,000
* Mileage, loan-to-value (LTV), and model year restrictions may apply if credit is less than excellent
* Loan approval voucher is only valid for one vehicle per transaction

In addition, for private party transactions

* Vehicle must be purchased directly from the seller(s)
* Seller(s) and registered owner(s) listed on the title must be one and the same
* Powers-of-attorney are not accepted for private party transactions
WTF they told me they don't do motorcycle loans.....only stipulation I see on thier auto loans is no Daewoo or Suzuki...wtf, are they completely literate when they say auto??? I guess so.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts