R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the call from Anchorage Yamaha, and my new 2006 R1 is sitting in a box in the warehouse waiting to be put together... looks like i gotta skoot my race bike over and make some room in the garage.

...i promise i wont wreck this one :D

·
Swollen Member
469 Posts
fuckin SWEET!!!!!

Being that you're in Alaska.. i could not wait until spring with that thing in my garage..

i know you're going to sit on it like everyday until it gets warm again!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ken1_4u said:
fuckin SWEET!!!!!

Being that you're in Alaska.. i could not wait until spring with that thing in my garage..

i know you're going to sit on it like everyday until it gets warm again!

hahah thats what i do every winter! sept i plan on going to arizona with the R6 this winter and do some track days. the funniest is when its mid december and you put the bike on the stand and go rippin through the gears in the garage ahahhah. i figure this will give me some time to put some good tires on it and do some other mods before the season begins march/april ISH

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
Congrats Aaron....take the picture of the box! :hyper
You will def have to take a lot of pictures when you get her into your garage.

FreStylMotoX01, it's the yellow 2006 R1 LE!!! :thumbup

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JacekPSUr6 said:
Congrats Aaron....take the picture of the box! :hyper
You will def have to take a lot of pictures when you get her into your garage.

FreStylMotoX01, it's the yellow 2006 R1 LE!!! :thumbup

...uggh i couldnt get the R1LE this year because they didnt ship any to ALASKA!!!! i was soooo pissed when i found out that i wasnt going to be able to get on in this state. i got the blue one this year... i love it because they finally have a blue r1 that has gold forks and gloss blue ram air covers... i also am a big fan of the flat black lowers that they put on the blue this year... i had them on my red one last year and they hold up very good and look awesome.

@blueblur... i promise i wont crash this one this year man... uggggh i hope i didnt just jinx myself... i think before i even ever ride the thing imna put a set of pilots on it for good keeping... i think if id of had a decent set of rubber on my red one last year i wouldnt have binned it. =( im still sad about that geeez.

@afc... funny thing was, is that i didnt plan on buying a bike this year, but after i wrecked the 05R1 last year... i just couldnt live without another one. and i loved the way that bike was setup so much that i was afraid that if i waited to 07 that yamaha might screw it up or something like kawi did with their 10R. :shrug

here are some of the visual changes in the blue this year... flat black lowers, gold forks, blue ram air covers... the bike also has 3more HP, a better clutch, almost an inch longer swingarm etc etc.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
since i have some downtime before next season, i might have my wheels powdercoated on this bike as well... i just got my 04R6 wheels powdercoated and im sooo happy with how they turned out

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
Sucks you couldn't get the LE R1, but look at it from another point, more money for the mods on both of your bikes now.
Congrats on getting the blue one, they look sweet!!!!
Don't forget about the pics man.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Went to the dealership today to try to get some photos... my dealer was sooo busy sellin snow machines he couldnt get a chance to take me to the warehouse... i saw that he had some greggs flushmounts chillin by his desk... so i made him throw that and a clear alternatives tail light in on the deal :D

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.