R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently working with a production company who is in the pre production stages of a sportbike type show. You guys seem to have some great ideas as to what would work.

As it stands they are looking at a hour segment broken into 4 smaller sections

A: amature racing, track schools, rider profiles ect, track profiles

B: perfomance how to's: dyno a stock bike add exhaust dyno again see results kinda thing, and a how to install components & general maint. Changing brake pads ect... directed to the beginning rider on up to advanced riders.

C: dirt bikes and quads: racing news, new product tests ect..

D: Stunt Riders- general reviews of stunt shows, teams, places to stunt and not ect...

What other type shows or ideas would you like to see. This company has the ability to produce multiple shows if they can get good feedback on the current project. The pilot is set to air in late Feb early march. I will make sure its downloadable for you guys. there will be several test shows released to see what works and what don't so a few things may be released to the net earlier.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
definately a segment ... "why you don't need a liter bike to be fast".

class comparo's from journalist's, track rider's, and new rider's. it'll be funny to hear the new riders talk technical. i'd make that the running joke segment.

"Squid o' the Week" - viewers send in random squid pics and win a t-shirt or something.

featured segments on sportbike clubs. how they got started, the biggest, etc.

i had the same idea but the manager/agent i know wouldn't get up off his ass and pitch it. i would've hosted since i do stand-up. good to know at least it would've gotten to the pilot phase.

·
Registered
237 Posts
how about....

some head-to-head shootouts. cbr vs. r1 vs. gsxr vs. zx-10.
and use a range of riders to do the testing.

alex

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
i plus one the "squid of the week" pic idea.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The squid thing won't be a good idea. Since most riders are squids they will not like the show if they target people like them.
Also, gear reviews are only good if they are crash tested.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I don't think the Squid of the week idea would fly either, not going to try and alienate anyone.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
"squid o' the week" is gold ... gold Jerry!

·
R6MN Wannabe
142 Posts
Personally, i hate when they have racing news...especially for quads and dirtbikes. Just a waste of time and a filler. Id way rather see comparos of diff sportbikes, track testing, actual shit that matters to the consumer. Its retarded when they cover obscene races in some unknown place, with people you dont know...WHO CARES.

As far as racing news...motogp, wsbk, AMA...thats it...and only make it 2min. Not 10min of the 30min show.

·
Woody Racing #409
1,311 Posts
yeah squid of the week wouldn't be great for viewership but ya'll can do that on here
ya'll could do something about the motard scene thats catching on quite a bit
where is the show going to be based out of? Definitely look at getting interviews with professional racers, like Miguel, Mladin, Spies, Zemke, Haydens, Josh Hayes, Yates, etc They should all have some free time to do some interviews in the off season, just make sure not to ask stupid questions, thats what loses the real race fans. And assuming there will be a host, show up at some races and stuff and talk to fans
I had to leave in the middle of typing so now I'll finish what i was saying:
This is a TV show right? What network, or has that not been decided on yet? If its been decided then my main question is how the hell did ya'll manage that? Tough business and all
anyway do stupid stuff that people will find interesting, for example do an interview from ON a track. Arrange ahead of time with a track to let you bring in the camera crew and some couches or whatever onto the track. You could green screen it but that would look like crap and nobody would believe it. A track should let you do it for free just for the publicity.
The hard thing about a show like that will be getting noobs interested but not going over their heads but keeping avid fans from getting bored. Arrange for some magazines like roadracing world, etc to allow ya'll to cover one of their track tests of tires or bikes or whatever they're going to be doing.
As far as the how-to part, allowing sportbikehowto.com to do them would be great but don't use the R6 every time. If this series catches on and goes long-run it would be a good idea to start a project bike ever episode and take it from stock to trick throughout the series focusing on what mods are important to start out with (ie frame sliders) and then moving on to more advanced stuff.
all this is just IMHO but good luck with the show

1 - 13 of 13 Posts