R6 Message Net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to be looking at old news on Moto GP's website and happen to come across something on Arai helmets. http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Arai+demonstrate+helmet+technology

If you watch the the first 10 seconds of this video you will see a bunch of Arai helmets on a rack. The one Shinichi Suzuhara picks up is Dani Pedrosa's helmet. If you look at the one right next to it on the right side, look at the front chin vent. It looks like 6 holes instead of the flip vent that opens up on normal Arai helmets. Another thing is he points out that theres 6 vents on the top of the helmet as where on a normal one theres only 4. Then if you look out for it you can see a clear piece kind of like a lip spoiler connecting to both of the top vents near the back part of them. Last thing is the rear vents on the bottom that are right behind your ears. They have covers over them and a normal one is just holes going right into the helmet.

Is this a new version of the Arai RX7 thats not out yet or is this something custom that only Moto GP riders have access to?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Some helmet brands make the lid special for each rider. AGV makes lids just for rossi with a specific shape to fit his head. If you looks at pics of his Ti techs they are shaped different then the standard ti techs

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see on the helmet for Rossi and other riders they vents are colored for them as where ones you buy arent.

And for the Arai helmet. I just saw a clip on you tube about them. Im guessing they are new ones coming out. They are the RX7 RR5. I think the ones we have now are the RR4's

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I can see on the helmet for Rossi and other riders they vents are colored for them as where ones you buy arent.

And for the Arai helmet. I just saw a clip on you tube about them. Im guessing they are new ones coming out. They are the RX7 RR5. I think the ones we have now are the RR4's
well the vents on rossi's lids are painted because his helmets are all hand painted. the ti techs we buy are not. they are a water over lay. the new gp techs will all be covered vents and all

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looked at the Japanese Arai website.

Wonder how much of a difference they are from the RR4. Hope they come to the states. I looked on ebay for RR5 and a couple show up. They want like $500 for a solid color.

And damn hand painted. What it must be like to be Rossi to get a custom hand painted helmet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts