R6 Message Net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sick video, man!! Very well made. What group were you guys riding in?? Looks like it's time for you and your boy to move up. You guys were passing people left and right. Nice lines too. Looking good out there!! :handclap

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sick video, man!! Very well made. What group were you guys riding in?? Looks like it's time for you and your boy to move up. You guys were passing people left and right. Nice lines too. Looking good out there!! :handclap
Thanks for the props! We were in the middle group. They said you have to have a race bike for the expert class or you can't move up. I have a street bike. It's kinda fun passing people anyways...:thumbup

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks for the props! We were in the middle group. They said you have to have a race bike for the expert class or you can't move up. I have a street bike. It's kinda fun passing people anyways...:thumbup
By racebike, they probably just mean it has to be race-prepped(fully safety-wired, straight water in coolant, wheel weights secured, etc.) I'm sure if you did all that, you'd be good to go :thumbup

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By racebike, they probably just mean it has to be race-prepped(fully safety-wired, straight water in coolant, wheel weights secured, etc.) I'm sure if you did all that, you'd be good to go :thumbup
I think they ment race bike/number. Meaning if you're an actual racer you can go into expert. If you're just an avid track day guy you will not be aloud in the expert group.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think they ment race bike/number. Meaning if you're an actual racer you can go into expert. If you're just an avid track day guy you will not be aloud in the expert group.

That's gay. I think if you're experienced enough, why shouldn't you be allowed to ride expert?? Hell, some "racers" aren't even good enough to ride expert on trackday events!! :hyper

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's gay. I think if you're experienced enough, why shouldn't you be allowed to ride expert?? Hell, some "racers" aren't even good enough to ride expert on trackday events!! :hyper

Yeah, I know what you mean. It would have been nice to try and pick up some better lines from the fast guys. It was still fun in the medium group though. The track day company had a few control riders out there, which was nice because I was able to learn from them when they were close. I actually ended up passing some of the slower control riders by the end of the day. If you start at 3:07 on the video you can see a rider in a white shirt. That means they are a control rider. I get him up the inside on a really fun corner. One of the more fun moments of the day.:thumbup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts