R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
OMG could this mean another excuse to raise fuel prices again.
Pleased no one was killed.

Spike

·
Student of Aristhrottle
2,487 Posts
60 million gallons of fuel at the depot ... I think 20 million has gone up in flames already.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yup! - It's been a bit messy here today

I live about a mile from the depot. Was rudely awoken at 06:03 this morning to the tune of the back door rattling. wine bottles clinking, windows shaking, and the youngest lads window actualy being blown open!

Quite scary really!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
RadioheadR6 said:
Yup! - It's been a bit messy here today

I live about a mile from the depot. Was rudely awoken at 06:03 this morning to the tune of the back door rattling. wine bottles clinking, windows shaking, and the youngest lads window actualy being blown open!

Quite scary really!

Glad to here that there are no Deaths :thumbup

·
Registered
815 Posts
My Parents live about 2 miles from the depot. the blast was so huge it blew off their loft hatch and all the surrounding plaster :(

My sister was also staying over, due to give birth in a week ! Amazed she didn't drop there and then.

We live in crowthorne (bracknell way) and could see the smoke from there:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
One of our members works in their family business on the industrial estate next to the depot. I hope they didn't lose the lot. :(

Bloody miraculous that no-one was killed.

Sorry that you southeners are being covered in smog :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
JonToms said:
My Parents live about 2 miles from the depot. the blast was so huge it blew off their loft hatch and all the surrounding plaster :(

My sister was also staying over, due to give birth in a week ! Amazed she didn't drop there and then.

We live in crowthorne (bracknell way) and could see the smoke from there:eek:
The actual explosion was surreal. I had just woken up as I've been decorating my back room since it got damaged by a leaking hot water tank. I was sat in my living room with a cup of coffee. The blast started with a whooshing noise that got progressively louder. It could only have been 3 or 4 seconds, and was followed by the most enormous bang I have heard.

The blast was so powerful it blew my youngest lad's window open (luckily not breaking it). I noticed that one of the panes of glass in my back door is now cracked also. Wine bottles were chinking against each other in the back room and where I was sat, the coffee table (quite heavy) was moving - All the doors and windows were audibly shaking.

It only went on for a couple of seconds, but seemed longer. Most of the alarms on the cars outside went off, as did the one on the bike!

I looked outside and it was bizarre to see so many cars with their alarms going off, and then for them all to stop around the same time. It was also odd to see quite a few of the neighbours’ lights coming on. In the distance I could start hearing the emergency services sirens.

At this stage I still did not know what had happened. I was aware it was something big, and stupidly I thought it could have been a minor earthquake. I turned Sky News on (not expecting anything to be reported) at around 06:20 and was surprised to see that there was already a 'Breaking News' alert - This mentioned that there was an explosion near St Albans. Speculation on this report pointed towards an airline crash.

Quite exciting really...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts