R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Please don't read this .
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my full M . In July, I passed my test for my full M license and was waiting for it in the mail. As the temporary was about to expire (in september), I went back to the MTO to ask what happened . They told me that there were problems with all M2-M license and the paper work had to be sorted by hand . I can now say that it is December and I finally received the letter that I waited for all summer . Whoooooo-hooooo I have my full M now

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
congrats

where did you go to take it?

when i got my M2 this past June...... i JUST got my new card 2 days ago......
too bad there's an 18 month waiting period.... i cant take it next season, ill have to wait for the year after that *sigh*

stupid road tests
i hate them!!!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
whats the waiting period, i remember calling and they told me i had to wait about 4 months or something still, isnt it 18 months

·
Please don't read this .
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the OMSA course in Kitchener . It was great even though it rained on the sunday . The class even went on a group ride during the day and the rain stopped just long enough for us to get back . If the mto didn't have any problems, my license would have taken 4 to 6 weeks .

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
dmnxtra said:
I took the OMSA course in Kitchener . It was great even though it rained on the sunday . The class even went on a group ride during the day and the rain stopped just long enough for us to get back . If the mto didn't have any problems, my license would have taken 4 to 6 weeks .
sounds cool

could you hook up a URL to a website?
id like to do this when i can...

·
Registered
520 Posts
is it an 18 month wait to book a road test with the ministry, or is that the wait for the M2 exit course offered at colleges?

Mine expires in june or july, so I need to book a test for may

I should proabbly start looking now shouldn't I?

BTW, does anyone know if I can call the ministry and have them extend my M2 an extra year?

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
no, you cant "extend" your M2 :(

the only one's that can be renewed/extended are temporary licences, and M/Gs

and i think its 18 months before diong any M2 exit course/test
you should book asap, courses fill fast these days (mostly for beginning of season)

·
Registered
520 Posts
would you guys recomend doing the course through a college or just doing a regular test through the ministry

BTW, I no longer have a street bike. So does the course at the collages provide the bike (same as the M2 course)?

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
i hear the ministry is a real bitch... gotta book in advance, have an earpiece on you, and have a van/car follow you, and they'll yell instructions in your radio (you can reply back too)
beware of the "k, move to the middle lane" when on the highway, respond with a "its not recommended to ride in the middle lane, there is no blocking position" (its not illegal, so they have every right to ask you to do so)

the website for OMSA says that you have to bring your own bike
they may provide 'some' gear for you if needed

but i guess becaus of the liability of going on the road (group riding on street and highway), then the test

i dont exactly know how they do it

but friday night is in class
and saturday is 9 hrs riding portion

i dont recommend doing this between start of June and end of July
i did my M2 college then...... i had a bad sun burn on my face, and was totally exhausted for the next day (but this was because ive never ridden before.... nevermind going for 8-9 hours on/off)
the heat will get ya!

·
Registered
520 Posts
well i have no problems riding 8-9 hours. I've been on a few farrout adventures which regularly last 12+ hours.

Thing is, I don't have a street bike anymore......there has to be away for you to get the liscence without owning your own bike?

I was checking online and there are lots of dates from about the end of april on....thing is they want you to pay the 75 up front. I'm not sure what i'll be doing next week, nevermind May of next year, so I'm a little hesitant booking a test and paying for it when I don't have a bike to ride, and I don't even know if ill be in the country at the time......plus if I am i'll have a job that would have just started and I don't know about taking a day off work to do the test when im at a new job

fuck this is such a pain, why cant i just book online and pay when i get there!!

·
Please don't read this .
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you ask any one that has done this course, they will say to do it (including me) . All places want the money up front so that there are no issues about "lack of payment" intentional or not . Plus, at the course the instructors will tell you what they are looking for before you are tested and help you spot the mistakes that you make and are unaware of . This was great during the group ride (which was also most of the route of the test).
As for a link click this

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
First off, you can get your M2 extended... I had mine for 7 years before I got my full M... Second, if you are a good rider, pay the $75 and take the MTO course. If you fail, you shouldn't be riding on the street...LOL...

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm not worried about about passing or failing........im worried about the fact that i don't own a bike for the street

hey farrout, if i do buy a new one for this year, when are you planning the first farrout adventure??

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
oooh farrout adventure
sounds fun

next spring ill be sure to organize some "eat & meets" in the GTA area... have a handful of R6's on the lot ;) ,that would be cool

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bentley said:
I'm not worried about about passing or failing........im worried about the fact that i don't own a bike for the street

hey farrout, if i do buy a new one for this year, when are you planning the first farrout adventure??
if you dont have a street legal bike rent one for the road test. it will run you around 150 for the day and another 75 for the road test.

as for the ministry being lazy its a long wait for the license. i received my m 6 months after passing it :mad:

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
SpeedFreakPL said:
if you dont have a street legal bike rent one for the road test. it will run you around 150 for the day and another 75 for the road test.

as for the ministry being lazy its a long wait for the license. i received my m 6 months after passing it :mad:
same here
thats actually the time everyone's recieved theirs... after 6 months
and its not them being lazy... its that they are backed up

you can imagine how many people get their M1s, and THEN upgrade M2s between May and August!!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Matt... I will let you borrow mine if you are in a pinch...

I'll probably have the first FarrOut adventure of 2006 in April, and one per month after that...:thumbup

·
Registered
520 Posts
that would be awesome dude....thanks

I'm hoping that by may or june someone will have crashed a nice new 06, and i can pick it up cheap and get it fixed up

I def miss those adventures......I remember the last one, I rode from about 8am untill 10:30 at night

we even rode our bikes on the beech for a good little while too......good times

·
Registered
440 Posts
FarrOut said:
First off, you can get your M2 extended... I had mine for 7 years before I got my full M... Second, if you are a good rider, pay the $75 and take the MTO course. If you fail, you shouldn't be riding on the street...LOL...

:withstupi

Took my M2 exit at the Ministry. Booked it online in July and took the test in August (2004). Got 2 wrong... one for running thru a yellow which the car behind me couldn't follow... and one for not checking my blind spot when they asked me to pull over and wait for them. :lol

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Shaggy-R6 said:
:withstupi

Took my M2 exit at the Ministry. Booked it online in July and took the test in August (2004). Got 2 wrong... one for running thru a yellow which the car behind me couldn't follow... and one for not checking my blind spot when they asked me to pull over and wait for them. :lol
lol
funny

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/xtwinturbo//M_exam/m-exam.gif

dont know how old this is....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts