R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
F3 to R6 to 675...Whooah!
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a long post, but enjoy the read...

A few weeks ago, I was on my way to a buddy's house. It was around 9:00pm or so and there is this freeway that I need to use in order to get from DC to VA. The speed limit (if you want to call it that) on this 8 lane freeway is 45mph. After merging onto it, I unknowingly managed to get up to about 82mph. Wasn't passing anyone and was literally keeping with the flow of traffic. After coming around the bend I noticed 2 of DC's finest sitting on a grassy knoll. They peeled out and of course pulled up behind me, so I pulled over (I was only about 1 mile from VA so I guess I could have ran, but chose not to). Anyway, after pulling over and shutting the bike off, the officer asked me for my liscence and registration, which I promptly provided them. After felt obligated to remind me how fast I was going, he told me to step off the bike "until we figure out what to do with you". Oh ohhhh.

"Mr. C, step over to the car and put your hands behind your back"
"Huh?!" I replied
"You were going twice the speed limit!"

After giving him the usual response of "I didn't know I was going that fast", he proceded to hand cuff me. HOLY S**T!! He went through my pockets and took everything out, took my book bag off and went through that, then he took my belt off! WTF?!?!?

"I am placing you under arrest for reckless endangerment."

I was more shocked than surprised. A couple of days earlier, a DC police officer wiped out on his bike going like 130mph through a tunnel, so I guess that was still fresh on his mind.

Finally, and I never EVER do this, I asked him if he knew my brother who is a detective for DC Police. He said he didn't know him.

I AM SOOOO SCREWED!!

He put me in the back of the police car and I over heard him say to his partner something to the effect of "should we get a truck out here to get the bike?"

I AM SOOOOO VERY @#$&!!!!!

So there I sat, in the back of this police car - more in shock than scared!! The officer sat in the front and looked over some list.

"You're looking at a $200 fine".

$200 I can deal with. Jail I CANNOT!!

Finally, the other officer comes up to the car and opens the door.

"What's your brother's phone number?"

After giving first giving him my cell phone number, then my parents home number then MY old phone number from when I was in college 10 years ago, I finally relaxed and recited my brothers number. The police officer in the front seat asked me,

"if he gets in touch with your brother, what do you think he's gonna say?"
"I'll tell you exactly what he'll say. 'Lock his ass up!!!' "

Two minutes later the officer comes back to the car...

"Well, I have some bad news...your brother told us to lock your ass up!"

Come to find out, my brother told the officer that he was not going to tell him how to do his job and that it was his decision. He decided to let me go.

After taking the cuffs off, the officers got another call.

"Get your crap off the hood of my car and get out of here!"
"Do I have to go home or can I go to my destination?"
"I don't care where the hell you go, just get your stuff off my hood"

I scraped my belongings off and they sped off...apparently they got a call that someone was running down the street with a machete.

So there I sat, on the side of the freeway, at 10:00pm, with a hand full of crap and my pants falling off because he forgot to give me my belt back!! I did end up still going to VA but at aboout 38mph in 5th gear - cars zooming past me going 75mph.

So yes, I am now indebted to my brother, which is worse than being indebted to the mob!!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
your brother told them to lock you up because he didnt care, imo he didnt help you at all. you just got a lucky break with that cop, thats awesome though! slow down a little next time cheech.

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
03R6nCobra said:
your brother told them to lock you up because he didnt care, imo he didnt help you at all. you just got a lucky break with that cop, thats awesome though! slow down a little next time cheech.
My bro didn't so much tell them to lock me up as he just told the cop that he didn't want to tell him what to do. He told me later that the cop said something to the effect of "I'm not into locking up other police officer's family members". If he had locked me up, I would have understood where he was coming from. I have heard too many stories of cops pulling someone over and letting them go, only to find out that they were wanted for something else.

Basically, he just helped me out by answering the phone !! :thumbup

·
Stock Tiip ARIO!
1,625 Posts
You knew your bother would bail you out,any other biker's would be in jail- I heard stories of DC cops, they suck dog shit:kickinnut

·
Registered
999 Posts
haha thats awesome though, whatever gets you out of a ticket is worth a shot! Sounded like the cop wanted to dick with you for fun, i mean come on..getting your brothers personal phone number and calling him? for all he knows your brother sells crack. hah thats funny, definitely sounds like that officer was bored.

·
Givin you the business
1,624 Posts
45 x 2 = 90 > 82.

1. You were not going twice the speed limit.
2. You were going 82 fuckin' mph. Big deal.

I am glad that happened to you. If I would have been pulled over and taken to the back of the car for going 82 AFTER pulling right over, I might have pulled a Guppie-in-Target.

From the douchebaggery the cop displayed, I probably would have been immediately booked after telling him that there were donuts more important than me going 82 mph.

·
Registered
759 Posts
dude, slow the fuck down lol... u needa be careful out there. Pay attention. We dun wanna hear another story about how another rider died...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not to be an a$$hole, but how do you "unknowingly" get to 82 mph?? Glad you did not end up in jail with your bike impounded.

I may misjudge how fast I'm going by 5 or 10 mph....but not 37. You need to look at that speedo once in a while to keep an eye on that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
well when your merging into traffic, and youre checking behind you, you can sometimes go faster than you think you are. C'mon...on these bikes, one little twist and your almost to 100......glad you got out of it

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k2xblade said:
well when your merging into traffic, and youre checking behind you, you can sometimes go faster than you think you are. C'mon...on these bikes, one little twist and your almost to 100......glad you got out of it
Basically that's what happend. This road is literally a 8 lane highway that cuts through the city. The only reason the speed limit isn't 65 is because DC has this crappy law that states the speed limit cannot go above 45mph ANYWHERE in the city! It wasn't like I was reving down some residential street where little Suzie will go chasing her big red ball into the street. This road has 18 wheelers on it for God's sake!! :myfault

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dude.....I'm not bustin anyone's balls or up on a soapbox....but you said you unknowingly got going that fast. I spent 2 1/2 years in Arlington, so I know what your talking about with some of the roads and the low limits.

All I'm sayin is you were almost twice the limit. You might not have known you were doing close to 90, but you had to know you were well over the posted limit.

Guess I just keyed in on the "unknowing" part of it. I've done the same type thing and almost got lit up for it. I did know that I was 30+ over what the limit was on the highway, much less the access road I was on at the time.

Anyhow, it all worked out for ya & thats cool.

·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
XRedJar said:
Dude.....I'm not bustin anyone's balls or up on a soapbox....but you said you unknowingly got going that fast. I spent 2 1/2 years in Arlington, so I know what your talking about with some of the roads and the low limits.

All I'm sayin is you were almost twice the limit. You might not have known you were doing close to 90, but you had to know you were well over the posted limit.

Guess I just keyed in on the "unknowing" part of it. I've done the same type thing and almost got lit up for it. I did know that I was 30+ over what the limit was on the highway, much less the access road I was on at the time.

Anyhow, it all worked out for ya & thats cool.

Nah, you're not up on a soapbox. I totally hear ya. I fully admit I was going too fast. The key point I left out was I was on my way to Falls Church, VA to get some a$$ so I think that justifies the "unknowing" part of it. :myfault

1 - 13 of 13 Posts