R6 Message Net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiiiii
So I was wondering if anyone has a lowered r6... I have a lowered GS 500 f and can tell that the handling has been effected. I was thinking about getting an R6 next but would def need it lowered but dont want to lose anything significant..

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
i would say just deal with it, i can only stand on my tip toes on one side, and maybe every once in a while i can get toes down on both feet.

you spend more time with your feet on the pegs than you do on the ground. if your worried about moving the bike around, then get off and move it.

:2cents

·
Registered
881 Posts
First question is why do you need to lower the bike?

Handling can be affect however if its done correclty it will not be that bad.

·
Welcome to the GRINDHOUSE
140 Posts
Don't ask about lowering your R6....I learned my lesson when I asked when I first got my bike, hahaha!!! I got blistered for asking....now I do the "one cheek sneak" or just stand on the tip toes. When it has to be moved I get off and move it...keep it stock!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I thought you shorties, just shaved the seat? :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I do not have any experience with lowered bikes but I would like to know for sure as well. I am not lowering my bike but its good info to know.

Based on physics on how bikes work i would think if you lowered it you would have to lean more when turning. You are lowering your center of gravity and it will cause you to have to have more of a lean on turns, this is at speeds probably over 30 mph as well, any slower then that I do not think you will really notice it.

·
I "heart" motorcycles
46 Posts
I just bought my 01 R6 about two weeks ago. I bought it from a rather short oriental guy who had it lowered. He said the Yamaha shop lowered it for him. If I wanted to raise the bike to stock height can it be done? Also I haven't had any problems with it being lowered. I like having my feet flat on the ground it's nice.

Cory

·
Registered
26 Posts
I lowered my 05 3in front and rear. Well, the first time it was only 1.5" front and rear. I couldnt really tell a difference then but when I lowered it to 3" it was a completely different ride.

All you do is raise or lower your forks through the triple clamps and get a lowering link for the rear. But get a lowering link that has multiple adjustments.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the advice!!

Still not too sure what to do. I know I can shave like 1/2 inch off the seat and that will help but that will just get me on th balls of my feet..
Im 5 ft 4 and mostly torso, my bike right now has a 30 in seat height but Im thinking a 31 - 31.5 seat height would be ok..

hmmmmm

·
Banned
20 Posts
you can simply shave the sides of the seat and leave the top to save your ass from the utter pain. this way your legs will be legs bent and you should be able to touch the ground with out making any suspension changes. Just take off the seat and the staples and use an electric knife and shave it down to narrow the sides. Try to make it look half decent rather than lumpy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts